Hermit crab ID

Ssbeywatch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone can help me ID this hermit. It seems to have appeared in my tank. I thought it was one of my blue legs at first but it’s been growing like crazy and then when I got a good look at him I realized he is way different and has a big claw… not sure how to feel about him
20260222_124513_34534174-7B1B-4335-8241-F923311B6705.png

20260222_124513_616EDEFD-6B8D-4C33-87D8-151D58A33251.png
 
I thought I'd try to be helpful and feed your picture into A.I.

Gemini said it was a blue-legged hermit, while Bixby vision said it was a jellyfish.

I guess artificial intelligence isn't intelligent. Yet. I tried.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new