Hermit crab, sand sifting conch, corralline shell questions

CoralCastle

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
20
Reaction score
9
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got these from LFS and though it was normal but starting to wonder. What is that growing on the shells of the hermits? And the sand sifting conch?

Also, I got this shell with corralline growing on it and wanted to aeed the dry rock with it but noticed these yellow worm-like things on the back of the shell? Any thoughts on that/those?

They said it has sponge growing on the inside and read everywhere that all sponges are fine...? Is that correct?

I'm new to saltwater stuff as you can tell

20230114_141529.jpg 20230114_141520.jpg 20230114_141507.jpg 20230114_104517.jpg 20230114_104443.jpg
 
It all looks normal and nothing to worry about. The purple is coralline algae.
 
It all looks normal and nothing to worry about. The purple is coralline algae.
I got it Friday, been sitting in a jar with the LFS water. Had to ask about it and wait and now that I know it's fine I am stuck up north and won't be back until tomorrow so it'll have been sitting there for a while. Will the corralline be alive? Praying
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new