Hermit Shell Swap

aSaltyKlown

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2020
Messages
547
Reaction score
664
Location
N. VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching my tank, and noticed one of the hermits, investigating an empty shell. It looked inside, and then it came out and started to rotate the shell. In my mind I chuckled that it was taking measurements of the shell,(still could have been) however a few air bubbles came out of the shell. Maybe they rotate the shell to get rid of air and debris? Grabbed my phone and caught him in the act of changing shells.

 
I was watching my tank, and noticed one of the hermits, investigating an empty shell. It looked inside, and then it came out and started to rotate the shell. In my mind I chuckled that it was taking measurements of the shell,(still could have been) however a few air bubbles came out of the shell. Maybe they rotate the shell to get rid of air and debris? Grabbed my phone and caught him in the act of changing shells.

Part of hermit personality and an event to watch
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new