He's so cute

  • Thread starter Thread starter lion king
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I finally got around to building my yellow spots tank and in one of those cosmic coincidences it decided that was the time it would pass away. So just to document a bit more about the species since there doesn't seem to be much written about them, I had it nearly 5 years (got my dates wrong earlier) and it never really grew in my care so I'm assuming it was mature to begin with. So I'd guess a livespan of 6+ years but probably quite a bit more.
Up until it died I saw no deterioration in visable health, activity or appetite, so I'm assuming it was death due to natural causes rather than anything else.

It does leave me with an empty tank though.
 
I finally got around to building my yellow spots tank and in one of those cosmic coincidences it decided that was the time it would pass away. So just to document a bit more about the species since there doesn't seem to be much written about them, I had it nearly 5 years (got my dates wrong earlier) and it never really grew in my care so I'm assuming it was mature to begin with. So I'd guess a livespan of 6+ years but probably quite a bit more.
Up until it died I saw no deterioration in visable health, activity or appetite, so I'm assuming it was death due to natural causes rather than anything else.

It does leave me with an empty tank though.

Thanks for sharing.
 
Check it out, I just swiped the magfloat a little to close to his liking, and he popped up those "bad boy" spines.

004.jpg
 
Check it out, I just swiped the magfloat a little to close to his liking, and he popped up those "bad boy" spines.

004.jpg

That's a seriously awesome little dude. He looks pretty comfy aside from the magfloat intrusion :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new