He's so cute

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to building my yellow spots tank and in one of those cosmic coincidences it decided that was the time it would pass away. So just to document a bit more about the species since there doesn't seem to be much written about them, I had it nearly 5 years (got my dates wrong earlier) and it never really grew in my care so I'm assuming it was mature to begin with. So I'd guess a livespan of 6+ years but probably quite a bit more.
Up until it died I saw no deterioration in visable health, activity or appetite, so I'm assuming it was death due to natural causes rather than anything else.

It does leave me with an empty tank though.

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to building my yellow spots tank and in one of those cosmic coincidences it decided that was the time it would pass away. So just to document a bit more about the species since there doesn't seem to be much written about them, I had it nearly 5 years (got my dates wrong earlier) and it never really grew in my care so I'm assuming it was mature to begin with. So I'd guess a livespan of 6+ years but probably quite a bit more.
Up until it died I saw no deterioration in visable health, activity or appetite, so I'm assuming it was death due to natural causes rather than anything else.

It does leave me with an empty tank though.

Thanks for sharing.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An empty tank? Oh no.

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check it out, I just swiped the magfloat a little to close to his liking, and he popped up those "bad boy" spines.

004.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check it out, I just swiped the magfloat a little to close to his liking, and he popped up those "bad boy" spines.

004.jpg

That's a seriously awesome little dude. He looks pretty comfy aside from the magfloat intrusion :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back