Heteractis Malu flow and light

Vetekli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got this heteractis malu a few weeks ago and i have had trouble with it attaching but then letting go all the time.

I feel like this has been because of too much flow and too much light. I was suprised by this and dont know if it will be happy in my tank because i have lots of flow in it (mostly sps).

I have had it in 150 par - 250 par with i would say higher side of medium flow and it was not happy. I lowered it to low flow and about 80 par and now it seems to stay put.

Does anyone else have experience with these?

IMG_2530.jpeg

OP
OP
V

Vetekli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get that? Mine wandered off and finally died months later.
From whitecorals.com. Im thinking mine will prob die as well. It let go again and wont attach, even if i try digging a hole in the sand for it with rocks in bottom for it to attach to. Strange since it seems healthy otherwise. Ive done water changes and coral seem to be doing good.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint anemone can be hardy. Probably rock flower and bubble tip after that. But I prefer Elegance coral because they stay put

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From whitecorals.com. Im thinking mine will prob die as well. It let go again and wont attach, even if i try digging a hole in the sand for it with rocks in bottom for it to attach to. Strange since it seems healthy otherwise. Ive done water changes and coral seem to be doing good.
They like flow similar to LPS. Can you put a rock structure to do a current break for him?
From the picture, your tank seem to be fairly new. Is the water condition stable and good?

OP
OP
V

Vetekli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like flow similar to LPS. Can you put a rock structure to do a current break for him?
From the picture, your tank seem to be fairly new. Is the water condition stable and good?
Do they still need bright light? I think that might be hard for me to accomplish in my tank.

OP
OP
V

Vetekli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see i missed your last question. The tank is new, about 3 months. Parameters are good and stable but it might still be too new. Anemone looks good as it is not gaping its mouth or anything like that. It just lets go and tumbles around in the tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back