Hey - Did I actually solve my tank's algae problem?

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 3.5 months old. I have no fish, just corals. Diatoms finally came about 3 weeks ago. It has now turned to a green algae over the last week. From what I have read, and my hope, it will turn to coralline algae. My nitrates are low at 5ppm and remain very consistent. Phosphate is running btwn .02-.04. Like I said, I hope it goes to coralline.
Here's what it looks like now, and thanks for sharing your information.
tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any source of coralline in that tank. Did you add a piece of rock with coralline on it or add some other seeding source?

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 3.5 months old. I have no fish, just corals. Diatoms finally came about 3 weeks ago. It has now turned to a green algae over the last week. From what I have read, and my hope, it will turn to coralline algae. My nitrates are low at 5ppm and remain very consistent. Phosphate is running btwn .02-.04. Like I said, I hope it goes to coralline.
Here's what it looks like now, and thanks for sharing your information.
tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg
Yes yes, you need a source of Coralline in order to have it....either some clean up crew that has some on it from the LFS or a live rock, or just some scrapings from someone/place. Tank looks great on the aquascape. Your post is from sept 2019. How is it now?

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes yes, you need a source of Coralline in order to have it....either some clean up crew that has some on it from the LFS or a live rock, or just some scrapings from someone/place. Tank looks great on the aquascape. Your post is from sept 2019. How is it now?

Those pics are from this week. I did add a bottle of Purple Helix which supposed to have a source of coralline?

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pics are from this week. I did add a bottle of Purple Helix which supposed to have a source of coralline?
Yeah I think you should be good...Saw a review on youtube from reef noob and he has coralline going on from it...I myself don't have any experience with it.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Treated my tank with Flux Rx for bryopsis. Instead of mixing with water, my dumb butt dumped the powder into the tank not realizing that I should have mixed it first. Should I do another treatment mixed with water or wait it out a few days? 7000 mg into a 225 gal. with a 60 gal. sump.

Greneis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came here to snoop because I just dosed with Fluconazole yesterday. Unrelated - did you put your tangs in together or add them separately? I have Scopas in my 150gal tank currently and would love to add another tang, but I am worried about aggression??

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back