OP
force_of_echo

force_of_echo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and Welcome Back!

The prawn/shrimp method was old 25 years ago, so it is a time tested method. It's all about starting the ammonia>nitrite>nitrate cycle... pee added to tank is another old school method but not talked about as much (in polite circles <giggle>)... and these days people are more likely to want faster results and kick start cycle by adding those natural beneficial items - Fritz, Dr Tims, there are options for these too.

Keep us posted on your progress! Glad you joined
You know it sounds RIDICOULUS but when he told me about the prawn method to generate amonnia In my head the first thing that shot up is urine.. that would straight up bypass the waiting of the prawn to leak the ammonia and go straight into the point but I just don’t know how my wife will react if I sat on the couch peeing in the tank im laughing just thinking about her face if I just randomly do something like that honestly I am a crazy and funny guy and I’ve done plenty crazy stuff but this will throw me and the tank out of the window

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, you have come to the right place. There is so much amazing knowledge on this site its crazy.

The members and admin are all amazing as well, you will make lifelong friends while find more information here than anywhere in the world for reefing.

No one ever stays out of the hobby for ever, it's too addicting!

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back