Hey folks!

MattyBoomBatty

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
25
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, been lurking for a week or two now and I must say I'm impressed with the knowledge base and friendliness of the posters here, so I thought I'd join up.

About me;
I've been doing this wet hobby for i guess 15ish years now. Started in the FW arena doing damage to many a fish before figuring things out :(. I got into the planted tanks for a minute before feeling the pull from the dark side. Speaking of which, I've been on the SW side for maybe 10-11 years. Glad to say I caught on much quicker, though there was (still is) more to figure out. I've worked at a couple fish stores, even curating the SW section of one for a couple years before I found my current career. I hope I was never considered one of "those" LFS employees, as it felt 90% of my job was discouraging customers from buying anything. I got a little burnt out after that and have taken a year off, but I recently got the itch (not ich, but maybe i aughta get checked out in case) again. My current project is a 30g deep blue "frag" tank. I'm about 3 months in now. I'll create another post for that some time.

Anyways, enough about me, let's hear from you!

Thanks,
Matt
 
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, glad to be here. Just got done with a water change.

Welcome and glad you're enjoying it here. When you can show off some pictures of what you have going on with the build and running.

I'll make a post here this weekend probably. In the meantime, I can leave you with a teaser (it's my av :P ):
689_8970.JPG


Thanks,
Matt
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

More photos!! :)
 
Welcome Matt to R2R. Glad you stopped just lurking and signed up.
 
Welcome!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new