Hey from the Orlando area

bearings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, my name is Ben and just signed up to the forum a few weeks ago. I had a saltwater tank about 6-7 years ago but had to tear it down when we moved. Fast-forward to today and we're in a new place with tile flooring and I'm working on figuring how to get back in to the hobby. I'm thinking about something more plug and play this time, like a Redsea or Waterbox kind of system... something at least 4 feet long so maybe a Reefer 350. I'm also pretty excited to be local to WWC, their store is awesome.

So much has changed in just the last 6-7 years it seems, so I really appreciate having this forum where I can read all about what's new and what's still the same in the hobby.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r28.gif

#WelcimetoR2R

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I hope that you will be able to make it to MACNA especially since it is in Orlando!

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I know what you mean about how things have changed. I recently got back in a couple months ago after being out for 12 years. When I sold my setup for my move I don't think LED lighting was even a thing in the aquarium world. And tank controllers? No way. Haha.

And for what it's worth, I went with a Waterbox and couldn't be happier really. Such a simple system to put together.

Glad to see you aboard, this is a great community and I expect you will learn a ton.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your new build with lots of pics! Red Sea and Waterbox are fantastic! :)

Adventures In Reefing

Semper Fidelis
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, my name is Ben and just signed up to the forum a few weeks ago. I had a saltwater tank about 6-7 years ago but had to tear it down when we moved. Fast-forward to today and we're in a new place with tile flooring and I'm working on figuring how to get back in to the hobby. I'm thinking about something more plug and play this time, like a Redsea or Waterbox kind of system... something at least 4 feet long so maybe a Reefer 350. I'm also pretty excited to be local to WWC, their store is awesome.

So much has changed in just the last 6-7 years it seems, so I really appreciate having this forum where I can read all about what's new and what's still the same in the hobby.
Well the nice thing is you live in the mecca of all things reef. I live in Sarasota so I have to drive a couple of hours to get there.

Anything we can do to help just ask.

R2R WELCOME.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back