Hey new on here

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I just made an account on here and I look forward to discussing all topics reef with y'all. A bit about myself I am a taxonomy nerd (I work as a botanist) I'm Canadian and I've been keeping reef tanks for 6 years now. I currently have a 136 that I'm setting up after my 75 flooded my house. I'm currently researching what euryhaline fish can be housed in a reef lon

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I just made an account on here and I look forward to discussing all topics reef with y'all. A bit about myself I am a taxonomy nerd (I work as a botanist) I'm Canadian and I've been keeping reef tanks for 6 years now. I currently have a 136 that I'm setting up after my 75 flooded my house. I'm currently researching what euryhaline fish can be housed in a reef lon
Hey welcome nsreefer.
Sounds like you can add to the chatter here.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, friend!
giphy.gif

Sorry to hear about your 75. That sounds awful. Tell us about what happened! I recently forgot to turn off my RO system and flooded my dining room. Had to have a water remediation crew come out and get everything dried out properly. It really stung!

jasonsingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for over 30 years. You can never prepare for the unexpected. I had a $4000 50 gallon reef tank where the chiller transducer failed and my tank froze over. I had a 180 gallon reef tank where the overflow was not sealed by a well known acrylic tank manufacturer and as a result I had a small leakage which flooded my tank carpet via the sump after a tank outage, causing my carpet to get ripped out and me replacing the whole house with laminate flooring. I had another where a power outage caused my 100 gallon saltwater tank fish which were extremely healthy to die due to a lack of oxygen. However, this has not stopped me ;0) I have failover for everything I've learned over the past 30 years.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back