Hey, whats up

scubasteve1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
Big Sandy, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here, and i already have a question. Is there anything I can do to help a mushroom to multiply? How long does it need to be in the tank before it will?
 
Hi there! Welcome to R2R!
 
thanks, i may try that. so i would literally cut it in half?? and idk, i cant really id it specifically, i dont think it is a jawbreaker
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome to R2R. Honestly, I wouldnt rush things with mushrooms. Once they take off they spread like wildfire. I got a rock that had 2 green ricordea shrooms and it did nothing for months, then out of nowhere I had 12 new baby shrooms. And when I saw nowhere I mean in a matter of like 5 days I noticed the little bumps on the rock which are now about the size of a dime. Also once they start spreading, the only way I know to get rid of them without killing them is to chip away your liverock.
 
Its pretty cool to see, especially how fast they multiply. And when they overrun a rock you can break off a chunk of the rock and sell them to get another coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new