Hey Y'all! Newbie Here

BoxfishBoi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
37
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, y'all! In my first post, I briefly introduced myself, but I wanted to elaborate here.

My name is BoxfishBoi, and I'm a young Texan buck obsessed with fishkeeping. I've had a 55-gallon freshwater setup for almost two years, and it's my pride and joy. I've been passionate about fish since I was very young, so I've had various unsuccessful betta and goldfish bowls (I know, I know, bowls are horrible) along with a failed community tank in my early life. A year and a half ago, I decided to get serious about the hobby and get myself a 55-gallon tank. Ever since then, it has been a growing passion. My tank has been through many renditions (much to the dismay of my wallet) and is still forming and shaping itself.

That is my freshwater side. How did I become interested in saltwater? One fish, the Valentini Puffer. I've been determined to set up a tank for it and a few other beautiful fish. I also want the challenge and the rewards of a successful saltwater setup, not to mention that there are twice as many saltwater fish as freshwater fish, so I have a lot more variety to choose from.

I can't wait to meet y'all, get to know y'all, and learn from y'all!
 
Last edited:
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hey, y'all! In my first post, I briefly introduced myself, but I wanted to elaborate here.

My name is BoxfishBoi, and I'm a young Texan buck obsessed with fishkeeping. I've had a 55-gallon freshwater setup for almost two years, and it's my pride and joy. I've been passionate about fish since I was very young, so I've had various unsuccessful betta and goldfish bowls (I know, I know, bowls are horrible) along with a failed community tank in my early life. A year and a half ago, I decided to get serious about the hobby and get myself a 55-gallon tank. Ever since then, it has been a growing passion. My tank has been through many renditions (much to the dismay of my wallet) and is still forming and shaping itself.

That is my freshwater side. How did I become interested in saltwater? One fish, the Valentini Puffer. I've been determined to set up a tank for it and a few other beautiful fish. I also want the challenge and the rewards of a successful saltwater setup, not to mention that there are twice as many saltwater fish as freshwater fish, so I have a lot more variety to choose from.

I can't wait to meet y'all, get to know y'all, and learn from y'all!
Well I don’t think I ever met a Texan who had a name like yours. Welcome to Reef2Reef!

season 2 television GIF
 
Hey, y'all! In my first post, I briefly introduced myself, but I wanted to elaborate here.

My name is BoxfishBoi, and I'm a young Texan buck obsessed with fishkeeping. I've had a 55-gallon freshwater setup for almost two years, and it's my pride and joy. I've been passionate about fish since I was very young, so I've had various unsuccessful betta and goldfish bowls (I know, I know, bowls are horrible) along with a failed community tank in my early life. A year and a half ago, I decided to get serious about the hobby and get myself a 55-gallon tank. Ever since then, it has been a growing passion. My tank has been through many renditions (much to the dismay of my wallet) and is still forming and shaping itself.

That is my freshwater side. How did I become interested in saltwater? One fish, the Valentini Puffer. I've been determined to set up a tank for it and a few other beautiful fish. I also want the challenge and the rewards of a successful saltwater setup, not to mention that there are twice as many saltwater fish as freshwater fish, so I have a lot more variety to choose from.

I can't wait to meet y'all, get to know y'all, and learn from y'all!
From a Mississippian to a Texan, I love the "yalls" brother! Lol, glad you're here and don't hesitate to reach out. You'd be hard pressed to find a better group of folks. Following
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new