OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the water in the bag of the zoa order I got today. Thanks FedEx!
930A7F3F-F699-4DBA-827B-F3374AC5219B.jpeg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the water in the bag of the zoa order I got today. Thanks FedEx!
930A7F3F-F699-4DBA-827B-F3374AC5219B.jpeg
I have had this experience recently. FedEx is fired. Luckily I only lost some Zoas although there’s some Favia that’s not doing super well. The bubblegum digi and the slimeball anacropora seem to have recovered nicely though. I’m just not doing winter shipping anymore, too risky.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this experience recently. FedEx is fired. Luckily I only lost some Zoas although there’s some Favia that’s not doing super well. The bubblegum digi and the slimeball anacropora seem to have recovered nicely though. I’m just not doing winter shipping anymore, too risky.
I agree. I’m in Florida and so was the vendor so I thought I would maybe be ok. It was delayed a day in Memphis so….I hope your favia recovers! I added one in my system and really like it. It’s been a while since I had one.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! How do you like the egg brew? Do you get a good response from sps, lps and zoas?
Zoas go crazy, fish go crazy, lps go crazy and some sps react as well. I really like it a lot. I’ve never seen zoas react for anything like they do for this stuff.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will give this a shot then!
Good company too. My 2nd bottle was really thick and didn’t seem right. I asked brs and they said they don’t know how it should look and looped in someone from aqua edibles. He sent me 2 additional bottles without being asked to. Good people.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I’m in Florida and so was the vendor so I thought I would maybe be ok. It was delayed a day in Memphis so….I hope your favia recovers! I added one in my system and really like it. It’s been a while since I had one.
How crazy is it that the shipment has to go from Florida to Memphis and then back to Florida. It’s like they want to figure out how best to freeze our coral and then do it. My shipment started in SD, was also delayed due to fog in Memphis and then delayed again because even one inch of snow on the ground here in Washington is a full on winter weather emergency. This shipment was from a friend, not a vendor, and we knew it was a possibility it could be delayed in the weather conditions at the time so I accept part of the blame for even doing it but like I said, I’m just not doing it anymore, especially not with FedEx. My preferred online coral dealer uses UPS overnight and that seems to be better to my area anyway so I’ll stick with that.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How crazy is it that the shipment has to go from Florida to Memphis and then back to Florida. It’s like they want to figure out how best to freeze our coral and then do it. My shipment started in SD, was also delayed due to fog in Memphis and then delayed again because even one inch of snow on the ground here in Washington is a full on winter weather emergency. This shipment was from a friend, not a vendor, and we knew it was a possibility it could be delayed in the weather conditions at the time so I accept part of the blame for even doing it but like I said, I’m just not doing it anymore, especially not with FedEx. My preferred online coral dealer uses UPS overnight and that seems to be better to my area anyway so I’ll stick with that.
Yeah FedEx and their “logistics” are questionable sometimes. I agree with you that winter shipments are a bad idea. The addiction is real tho.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it makes a ton of sense, I participated in the TCK live sale tonight and won some great $5 frags. If FedEx works out, I will have a Rainbow Splice.
Well let’s hope FedEx works out then. Is buying from a live sale pretty easy? I’ve never done it and it seems like a hassle.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let’s hope FedEx works out then. Is buying from a live sale pretty easy? I’ve never done it and it seems like a hassle.
So it really depends. Some like TSA and WWC are really not that great of deals anyway (I don’t do WWC). Todays was TCK and they dropped like 50 or so every 30 min and I sat on their site and snagged 3 of the $5 corals and they actually were $$$. Some sites just have common corals for $5.

I would say tidal gardens, ARC, TCK are worth it. TSA if you want collector pieces. Other are for the birds imo. I usually just try for a $5 and if I get one, then I participate in the sale. If not, I move on.
It also really depends on the checkout process. TCK does shop so you can check out very quickly. Some make you use your browser for payment.

I know that’s prob tmi but if you ever want to do one, I will legit talk you through it if you want.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it really depends. Some like TSA and WWC are really not that great of deals anyway (I don’t do WWC). Todays was TCK and they dropped like 50 or so every 30 min and I sat on their site and snagged 3 of the $5 corals and they actually were $$$. Some sites just have common corals for $5.

I would say tidal gardens, ARC, TCK are worth it. TSA if you want collector pieces. Other are for the birds imo. I usually just try for a $5 and if I get one, then I participate in the sale. If not, I move on.
It also really depends on the checkout process. TCK does shop so you can check out very quickly. Some make you use your browser for payment.

I know that’s prob tmi but if you ever want to do one, I will legit talk you through it if you want.
Not TMI at all, I did ask. Thanks for breaking it down.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back