HHH’s attempt at an IM 25 Lagoon

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a ReefBreeders HO UV Lumenbar 2 days ago. I got it and unpacked it at night and when I tested it before mounting it, my tank lights were off. I was absolutely blown away by what I saw when I shined it on my tank. It makes thing fluoresce that I was not expecting. Can’t wait to see if it makes any impact with my acros on down the road. I have it set to only be on during peak but may change it for some psychedelic viewing at night too lol.
How did you mount the lumenbar? I’ve been looking to add one but I don’t have a good mounting solution.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the ones they discuss in this thread. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/alie-led-bar-vs-t5.852885/

You can customize the LEDs they put in it. I opted for alternating 420nm and 470nm to fatten my blue spectrum. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843725804.html
Those look pretty good and the price is certainly right. I need to add a supplemental light to the front of my tank, angled back slightly to reduce some shadowing, but I don’t have a good way to mount one. Was hoping HHH had come up with a good plan when I read his post but he’s got the right fixture to just hang the lumenbar on it with the included hardware. Back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look pretty good and the price is certainly right. I need to add a supplemental light to the front of my tank, angled back slightly to reduce some shadowing, but I don’t have a good way to mount one. Was hoping HHH had come up with a good plan when I read his post but he’s got the right fixture to just hang the lumenbar on it with the included hardware. Back to the drawing board.
If you want pics of the mounts up close to get some diy ideas, let me know.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want pics of the mounts up close to get some diy ideas, let me know.
Thanks, I don’t think I’ll need any pics, I’ve looked at the hardware that comes with the lumenbars and I think I have a solution. There are t-slot extension bars I can get to make the Reefi extrusions longer. Then it’s just a matter of hanging the light from the extensions. Small twist though, I may be moving sooner than anticipated which would mean a tank upgrade so I’ll probably hold off on any supplemental lighting for now. Need to see how much bigger I get to go first.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I don’t think I’ll need any pics, I’ve looked at the hardware that comes with the lumenbars and I think I have a solution. There are t-slot extension bars I can get to make the Reefi extrusions longer. Then it’s just a matter of hanging the light from the extensions. Small twist though, I may be moving sooner than anticipated which would mean a tank upgrade so I’ll probably hold off on any supplemental lighting for now. Need to see how much bigger I get to go first.
Yay to upgrades!!!

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video on BRS where they used the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture bars and attached that to some Lumi Lights. Perhaps the same thing would work with your existing setup @TheWB ?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video on BRS where they used the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture bars and attached that to some Lumi Lights. Perhaps the same thing would work with your existing setup @TheWB ?

I see what you’re getting at there but this is a different situation. I’d need to extend two 2040 (I think) extrusions by about 6 inches each so they reach all the way to the front of the tank. From there it would be easy to mount the lumenbar using the hardware that comes with it. I believe I have it figured out but I’m not going to get to do it which is short term frustrating but long term good because as HHH posted before “yay to upgrades”

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pulled my UV offline. I wonder what kinds of changes I will see? I have had it running since I had Dinos back in April 2021. I splurged and bought a bunch of coral food and of course, more corals. I am hoping to get a better pod population going and am trying one last clam.
I just hope dinos don’t come back again :(

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability
Promotes
Success

So I added 5 more sexy shrimp, a pom pom and some pods from reef cleaners.

Have started to feed more coral foods. Got some phyto live, R.O.E., and Rotifeast to join my reef roids, benereef.
36D1AEAA-A55E-47ED-8364-E06EAF65BAE2.jpeg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to the RB BOT Mount V2 and am very happy with it. It supports the light with 2 arms and allowed me to raise it to 14” which is where I wanted it. The V1 was sagging a bit and I was only about 9” off the water. I’ll take a better picture soon. I have some corals coming from the AquaSD sale and I want to make a Goni garden but the problem is the gonis I have get moved by the shrimp all the time. I ordered some Marco rock frag rock and planned to make a contraption like my aquascape to suit my needs. I turned out like a Batfish lol. Hopefully it will fit in the spot I made for it and it will look cool with 5 gonis on it lol. I plan to slide it back under the arch and set the old and new gonis on it.
51FAD6CD-2CB2-447D-B24F-3E7EA54A2CDC.jpeg
CB8C169A-2A0C-49F1-9CA5-17F90F6987D6.jpeg
1DA561B5-5F14-44D5-B95C-BC55BC3EA82C.jpeg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little batfish was like an inch too big so I had the alter it. I’m adding all my new corals from the live sale and off the frag rack, I totally ticked off most of my corals. I’ll get a pic in the thread soon though of the new additions once they settle in. I also added a clam. I have never successfully kept one so cross your fingers for me.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea where you will fit the "batfish." Looking forward to seeing a pic with all the corals.
It lives in the front. Looks awful since it’s brand new lol. My coral addiction has just ruined any aesthetics I had going with my scape lol.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back