Hi all, Looking for an ID plz...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Henry C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Henry C

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
635
Reaction score
64
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

Thanks in advance....:bigsmile:
 
I got an ID from another site, it's A. Simplex...
 
Looks more like a stretched out tort. Tricolor grows more straight.
 
Really, i've never seen a tort with this kind of structure, could you point me in the right direction..Thanks in advance.
 
I have one of these, mine is about half the size though, I've always called it a tort.
 
Well yours isn't very grown out and we have no idea what kind of flow you have it under. Different flow strength can make the exact same coral look completely different.
 
I agree with the flow statement Reef Goddess, just that it doesn't look like any tort i've ever seen. It grew the same way in the guys tank I got it from.Anyway I like the coral was just trying to figure out what it was.
 
I have about 3,500 gph of flow running through my tank. I don't think flow is a factor, though I could be wrong.....
 
depends where the flow is going towards. i have 3 koralia 4's in a 75 gallon and do to rockwork there could still be slow moving spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new