fish GIF

Welcome to R2R!!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s what I was thinking. I’m leaning towards the 60.2 it’s a good size not too big and not too small.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and feedback!
I would hope 60.2 means total water volume in gallons Edit: yes it does. Seems like a nice start."

Running a reef tank, things can get wacky really quick. Nano in my own opinion is for an experienced person. Water can fluctuate a whole lot easy with the smaller systems. The evaporation rate could cause massive swings. I wouldn't start with anything under a 40g breeder to be honest. But, really it is up to you one what you want to get.

GL with whatever you get :)
There are plenty of people to help you out. Nano or monster tanks.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I've been in the freshwater hobby for about 28 years now, still have 2 tanks. Lately I've been interested in trying saltwater side. I've done many research and countless of Youtube videos including BRS 52 weeks. I'm still on the fence as it's quite an expensive hobby and seems there's a lot of problems that can occur within the saltwater world which is what's holding me back as of now. I had been debating with myself if I should start with a small nano tank just to get a taste which I know can be challenging for a new reefer and see if I can handle it or as I read from many others that to go big as I can. Currently eyeing the Waterbox Cube 20, Marine X 60.2 or 90.3. I've never had a sump before and it seems sump is the way to go if I were to go bigger. If I do dive in, I would like to do a mix reef of Softie/LPS with some clownfish, blennies, goby/pistol shrimp and possibly other nano fish.

Let's say if I were to get the Marine X 90.3 which is a 3 ft tank, would it be better if I get one XR15 G5 or two AI Prime HD with softies/LPS in mind as it's nearly the same price?

Thanks for your time reading my introduction!
Welcome!

Glad you joined and glad you've already gotten feedback in this thread on those lights.

Sounds like you are already doing your research in advance, which saves you time and money. This hobby can test a person's BBA - Bounce Back Ability, but given the thoughtful nature of your initial post above, I think you'll do fine.

If your searches haven't yet led you to this article, then you may find it helpful:

OP
OP
codenfx

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Glad you joined and glad you've already gotten feedback in this thread on those lights.

Sounds like you are already doing your research in advance, which saves you time and money. This hobby can test a person's BBA - Bounce Back Ability, but given the thoughtful nature of your initial post above, I think you'll do fine.

If your searches haven't yet led you to this article, then you may find it helpful:
Thanks for the article. Haven’t thought about the power outlets, will definitely look into that.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I've been in the freshwater hobby for about 28 years now, still have 2 tanks. Lately I've been interested in trying saltwater side. I've done many research and countless of Youtube videos including BRS 52 weeks. I'm still on the fence as it's quite an expensive hobby and seems there's a lot of problems that can occur within the saltwater world which is what's holding me back as of now. I had been debating with myself if I should start with a small nano tank just to get a taste which I know can be challenging for a new reefer and see if I can handle it or as I read from many others that to go big as I can. Currently eyeing the Waterbox Cube 20, Marine X 60.2 or 90.3. I've never had a sump before and it seems sump is the way to go if I were to go bigger. If I do dive in, I would like to do a mix reef of Softie/LPS with some clownfish, blennies, goby/pistol shrimp and possibly other nano fish.

Let's say if I were to get the Marine X 90.3 which is a 3 ft tank, would it be better if I get one XR15 G5 or two AI Prime HD with softies/LPS in mind as it's nearly the same price?

Thanks for your time reading my introduction!
Welcome to R2R!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back