Hi all!

Johnnynle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly thought I did this already. Anyhow, I’ve been lurking on here for a little while so here’s my intro.
I’ve been an aquarium hobbyist for about 8 years now. Started with a 29 gal tall freshwater tank with some angels. Progressed to 8 freshwater tanks, one of which I did a 400 gal. plywood build. I bought a green spotted puffer fish on impulse. Later learn they live their adult lives out in saltwater. Soooo, I converted his 75 gal to a brackish water tank and slowly to full marine. 2 years later, it’s a reef tank. In my research I keep seeing all these beautiful corals and I had to have them. So the addiction started... the tank is still somewhat in the ugly stage. It’s only been full marine for about 9 months now and I’m
trying to slow down. I know nothing good happens fast in this hobby. That’s what I keep hearing anyhow. I just try to keep everything as stable as I can. I do about 15 gal water changes weekly. No dosing or anything yet. Alk stays about 8.5-9, calc 450’ish, phosphate is a bit high at .25, nitrates 0. This is using an API reef test kit. I have mostly zoas, one frogspawn, one torch, a neon blasto, a few shrooms, gsp, and green paly. Just picked up at RAP, green monti cap, an orange cyphastrea, a paly grandis, a fat head dendro, and a stardust zoa. Also, just started a 15 gal nano tank in the bedroom for the wifey. I’m hoping to stock it with a few nems, a clown pair (got these at RAP too) and a few easy corals, probably zoas.
I’d like to end with. I love this forum. The information and the community are amazing. Thank you very much!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 103 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back