Hi all!

Welcome to Reef2Reef! We are glad to have you here!

What are your plans for your system? Do you know what kind of fish you want to keep? What about corals? Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you want to achieve. :)
 
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (16).gif
 
Wow! I'm blown away by the warm welcome - This seems like a really cool community!

I'm currently a graduate student and my fluval spec V finished cycling about a month(?) ago. I went to a frag expo recently and picked up a few corals: a toadstool leather, an acan, a hammer coral, a plate coral, and some zoas.

Since the lights on the spec V is supposed to be for freshwater, I went ahead and replaced it with the hipargero aqua knight. So far all the corals seem to like it, and all their polyps are out and extended!

As for livestock, I currently have a few snails in there: one trochus snail, one cerith snail, and two tiny nessarius snails. I also couldn't resist getting two small ocellaris clownfish. Now that I think about it, do you think the clownfish will be ok for now in this tank since they're still small? Once I start a larger tank I'll transfer them out to something bigger as they grow. Perhaps something like a tailspot blenny would fit this tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new