Hi everyone

hanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

My name is Hani and I live in Germany. I have a few questions about building a new saltwater aquarium.

First, how can I secure the coral rocks to each other? Is it cement, silicone, or foam? I've seen a lot of people tell me different things.

Second, do I need to add salt to the water after I fill the aquarium with water?

Third, I would like advice from friends on how to build a successful saltwater aquarium. Thank you very much. Have a nice day everyone.

Here are some specific answers to your questions:

1. The best way to secure coral rocks is with silicone. Silicone is non-toxic and will not harm your fish or corals. It is also easy to use and can be found at most aquarium stores.

2. Yes, you need to add salt to the water after you fill the aquarium. The amount of salt you need to add will depend on the size of your aquarium and the type of fish and corals you are keeping. A good rule of thumb is to use 1.025 specific gravity for most saltwater aquariums.

3. Here are a few tips for building a successful saltwater aquarium:

Last edited:

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch the YouTube videos "BRS 52 weeks of reefing" they will answer a lot of your questions.

20230604_203550.gif

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back