Hi everyone

Martinanthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADB46230-FB1C-41D9-A328-C937D690FFF8.jpeg
Hi I am Marty I am new to the hobby I have a biocube 32 and is cycling and I got live rock from another hobbyists and I think I might have apitisa and I would like people opinion it is green on top and purple underneath and isn’t coming out of a hole or anything it’s just stuck to the rock I haven’t put any live stock or corals in the tank and I am just making sure that it’s not aptisia before it gets out of control. Any help would be great thanks everyone.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks like Aiptasia to me. I would pull the rock and squirt with a turkey baster of boiling water. As long as there are no corals on it. That will kill all the tissue and it will not spread babies.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.
That is not aptisia, that is a pally, please don't kill it off.

Best advice I can give you is read all the stickies, if you ask a question... Do research also after getting advice. Remember it is your tank, and bad mistakes do not affect others giving the advice.

Other than that.. take it slow, have fun and please make a build thread.

There are no silly questions, we all started with a tank and added water. :)

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to add as it does look like a pally read up on palytoxin before you do anything with it.

+1 If I remember correctly, those green palys are good for palytoxin, so I’d be very careful.

Welcome to the forum!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Take a look around!

SeahorseLooking.gif

The is an awesome community and a great place to learn!

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADB46230-FB1C-41D9-A328-C937D690FFF8.jpeg
Hi I am Marty I am new to the hobby I have a biocube 32 and is cycling and I got live rock from another hobbyists and I think I might have apitisa and I would like people opinion it is green on top and purple underneath and isn’t coming out of a hole or anything it’s just stuck to the rock I haven’t put any live stock or corals in the tank and I am just making sure that it’s not aptisia before it gets out of control. Any help would be great thanks everyone.

@Martinanthony Welcome to R2R!!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back