Hi from Canada

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, welcome to R2R!! :)

Great look tank, and wish the best on your saltwater journey.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am new to the saltwater hobby, I have a Fluval 13.5g it’s been going for about 8 months. All the coral has been added in the last two weeks (it was my birthday recently my mother and boyfriend got my all my coral) I have always wanted to get into the saltwater hobby even as a kid but my parents weren’t ready to make that kind of investment so I did a lot of research over the years. Fast forward I now live on my own and with the support of my partner I was able to make the leap into my first tank. It’s been a great experience so far some ups and downs but nothing I haven’t handled thankfully.

A8E575E3-3856-45BD-B524-D38CE697E048.jpeg E11A5EDE-C1E1-4F48-B4BC-D1911C2868EE.jpeg 8AD78F74-AF3D-4BF3-AD44-33F55BE89FAD.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Rose Garden Reef 96

Rose Garden Reef 96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you so much!

I will for sure check out the build thread! I am really excited to have joined this community, it was recommended to me by a worker at my LFS and he said it was a great for information and advice.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!

I will for sure check out the build thread! I am really excited to have joined this community, it was recommended to me by a worker at my LFS and he said it was a great for information and advice.
May I ask what lfs referred you ?

OP
OP
Rose Garden Reef 96

Rose Garden Reef 96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask what lfs referred you ?
We have a big chain one here and it’s called Big Al’s Aquarium. It was one of their newer staff members, he used to sell frags and captive bred saltwater fish but had to get away from the hobby because he had to downsize to a condo. I expressed that selling frags and captive bred fish is something I want to look into as a future project. He suggested joining this forum to get information and what not before I try to get to hard into the selling side not just the hobby side.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a big chain one here and it’s called Big Al’s Aquarium. It was one of their newer staff members, he used to sell frags and captive bred saltwater fish but had to get away from the hobby because he had to downsize to a condo. I expressed that selling frags and captive bred fish is something I want to look into as a future project. He suggested joining this forum to get information and what not before I try to get to hard into the selling side not just the hobby side.

Big Al's has sold me some things online - Internet has put them/you at my front door!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The selling side is a very hard gig to pull
Off and make a living from .
been there years ago .
imagining the prices now . I would starve lol

I am familiar with big als . There are 3 within 1 hour from me . But I refuse to shop at 2 of them .

OP
OP
Rose Garden Reef 96

Rose Garden Reef 96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The selling side is a very hard gig to pull
Off and make a living from .
been there years ago .
imagining the prices now . I would starve lol

I am familiar with big als . There are 3 within 1 hour from me . But I refuse to shop at 2 of them .
Yea that’s what I have heard, it’s something that if I got into is still a few years away for me. It wouldn’t be a main income for me just a past time.

I honestly agree with you. It’s the same for me as well there are three or four within an hours drive from my home but I will only get most of my stuff from one that is a little further but the customer care is unmatched by the other locations in my opinion.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that’s what I have heard, it’s something that if I got into is still a few years away for me. It wouldn’t be a main income for me just a past time.

I honestly agree with you. It’s the same for me as well there are three or four within an hours drive from my home but I will only get most of my stuff from one that is a little further but the customer care is unmatched by the other locations in my opinion.

my favourite location so far is Newmarket .
But again it’s a larger corporation they need to sell to make money .
Just like every store they have inexperienced employees that will blow wind storms of bs to make a sale .
The ones with the arrogant and know it all staff are the ones I refuse to shop at.
Especially if you’re telling someone how to care for anything when your tanks look like terrible and littered with dead livestock .

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.7%
Back