Hi from Central, PA

VJM 21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! My name is Erin and I live in Central, PA. I’m a complete newbie (I do have freshwater tanks). I have wanted a reef tank for many years. I’m just starting to plan my tank. I’m looking to get an AIO system. I was wondering what AIO systems people have and like or which they recommend. I need a length of 43” or less. The top three AIO systems that I have been considering are: Red Sea Max E-260, Waterbox AIO 50.3, IM SR Pro 60 AIO (all with there stands). Any input, other options, or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Welcome, Erin. Thought I’d give you a heads up...I’m not sure how far you are from Lancaster, but you can see the IM and Red Sea systems at That Fish Place. They have at least one of each up and running, and I think they stock all of the smaller IM systems.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Erin. Thought I’d give you a heads up...I’m not sure how far you are from Lancaster, but you can see the IM and Red Sea systems at That Fish Place. They have at least one of each up and running, and I think they stock all of the smaller IM systems.
This is true, although I was told by their staff that they are getting away from IM and beginning to stock Waterbox.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! My name is Erin and I live in Central, PA. I’m a complete newbie (I do have freshwater tanks). I have wanted a reef tank for many years. I’m just starting to plan my tank. I’m looking to get an AIO system. I was wondering what AIO systems people have and like or which they recommend. I need a length of 43” or less. The top three AIO systems that I have been considering are: Red Sea Max E-260, Waterbox AIO 50.3, IM SR Pro 60 AIO (all with there stands). Any input, other options, or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi Erin & Welcome!

Defer to the many AIO enthusiasts here as I've not experienced those (yet!) Looking forward to hearing about your successes

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

OP
OP
rnbaker

rnbaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU!!! I’m a couple hours from Lancaster, so not very far. I will definitely be making a trip there very soon. The only LFS I have are big box stores, which are fine for my freshwater tanks but have a very limited selection for saltwater. I was actually just going to ask on here if anyone knew of some good LFS in central PA and if there were any reef clubs anywhere near me. I live in Williamsport, PA. Again, thank you so much!!

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I have a Rea Sea Nano to tinker with (along with my 240g) and find myself gazing into it as much as the big tank! Been very happy with the Rea Sea … but do like what I see by Waterbox! Research … compare … then research some more … but don't stress over the "little" differences. There will be lots of (good) advice here … take it all in and make the choice that best fits your $ituation! Good luck … have fun with it … and keep us posted!

OP
OP
rnbaker

rnbaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be so hard to find places these days were you truly feel welcomed! So thank you very much for all the warm welcomes!!! I’m just trying to learn as much as I can before I actually start. I have watch BRS 5 minute guide a couple times and I’m well through the 52 Weeks of Reefing, I have a notebook full of notes from those videos. I have also watched other videos and read a lot. Any other suggestions on videos, websites, or literature? I have read a ton on here since joining. I just want to be semi prepared and I am in no rush, I want to do this correctly.

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Erin, I'm from central PA as well! Welcome to reef2reef. Fantastic site. I'm slowly finding more and more of us central PA people (etown here). Best wishes on ur future system, if u ever need coral or clean up crew check out my friend at Coral Craze over in York (he has a fb, website coming soonish). And feel free to reach out if u need any local help.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back