Hi from North Carolina

Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 
New to R2R, but have elevenish years of experience at reefing preceded by several years of freshwater, and currently between tanks. Long story; I'll spare you. (It was not pleasant :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:.) I'm getting ready to set up a ten gallon nano reef, and all the basic equipment will arrive Saturday. Hubby doesn't know yet (shhhh!) Very much looking forward to getting started again, and the magic of watching what comes out of the live rock and sand. Meanwhile, here is a pic of my former fifty-five long, mainly softies with an ocellaris clown, a female blue damsel, a coral beauty angel, two Banggai cardinals (not in the pic), and an algae blenny (my favorite, because he'd pretend to hide and then photobomb nearly every picture). My avatar is my 7th dog, Watson, a rescue Doberman who's been with us four and a half years.

IMG_20160202_190508-54457933.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm sure he will enjoy your tank too!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). There is no such thing as starting your thread too early!

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Thanks! Yes, I'm planning to start a Build thread, just have had a couple speed bumps on the way to getting it started. I'll have lots of questions, so maybe can start that tomorrow.

 
Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm sure he will enjoy your tank too!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). There is no such thing as starting your thread too early!

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Thanks! Yes, I'm planning to start a Build thread, just have had a couple speed bumps on the way to getting it started. I'll have lots of questions, so maybe can start that tomorrow.

Got the build thread started! And thanks again for the links. :)
 
Got the build thread started! And thanks again for the links. :)

Let me be among the first to say - CONGRATULATIONS!! I see your Build Thread Badge now on your account - WAHOO!!!
 
New to R2R, but have elevenish years of experience at reefing preceded by several years of freshwater, and currently between tanks. Long story; I'll spare you. (It was not pleasant :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:.) I'm getting ready to set up a ten gallon nano reef, and all the basic equipment will arrive Saturday. Hubby doesn't know yet (shhhh!) Very much looking forward to getting started again, and the magic of watching what comes out of the live rock and sand. Meanwhile, here is a pic of my former fifty-five long, mainly softies with an ocellaris clown, a female blue damsel, a coral beauty angel, two Banggai cardinals (not in the pic), and an algae blenny (my favorite, because he'd pretend to hide and then photobomb nearly every picture). My avatar is my 7th dog, Watson, a rescue Doberman who's been with us four and a half years.

IMG_20160202_190508-54457933.jpg
Hello
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new