Hi from Scott in Greensboro, NC

mad1ben2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, started with saltwater tanks 30 yrs ago... got out of the hobby for a few years... then set up a reef tank and a fowlr 20 yrs ago for a few years... then got out (life changes, kids, etc)... have always had a passion for this hobby and have always built everything myself (tank stands/cabinets, trickle filters, protein skimmers, etc).

Now that I've gotten back into the hobby I realize I was a tad ahead of my time 20 yrs ago when I set up a 55 gal tank as a reef but partitioned off 1 foot and built the filtration into that section... basically what is popular today as an "all-in-one" design.

Well I'm back into the hobby now. Currently cycling (fishless) a JBJ 20 nano AIO. Obviously 1 tank isn't enough in this hobby so yesterday I bought a used 75g Marineland RR tank with livestock. Got it all home and setup in temp holding tanks (29g Aqueon during $1/gal sale and a large tote from home depot) as I want to reconfigure the 75g and build a new stand.

The 75 is RR so the bottom back corner is drilled. I want to plug those holes and drill the back for ext overflow and 2 returns. Could use some help confirming back glass isn't tempered! Trying the sunglass/cellphone screen test and all sides appear to be tempered to me (how, bottom is already drilled - do the drill then temper? Maybe I'm testing wrong?).

Sorry so long-winded... could add more details of previous builds or current builds but this is just an intro thread so I'll stop...

Thx! Scott

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 74 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%

Back