Hi from the UK

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from the UK
Im Jacqueline from Windemere in the Lake District, I have 2 reef tanks at home and 1 in my office, 1 planted freshwater tank and a couple of little goldfish tanks.
My dream is a 10x3x2 reef tank which I am in the planning stage at the moment. Tank is already here from Germany in a crate, but still planning equipment, sump, fittings etc so nothing to report yet but I will start a build thread as soon as the planning is sorted and ready to go.
I am currently just setting up a small tank for inverts (not coral) for the kids as they are more fascinated by the critters than the fish and corals.
Looking forward to speaking with you guys and to see how reefing is done in the USA
Thanks
Jaqueline

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and across the continent! Glad you joined the group !!!

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcomes guys.
The dream build is a long way off yet, im hoping to have it up and running by the end of the year, as im going to be spending a lot of money on this then I want to get it right, so plan is to plan, plan a bit more, think about it, plan again, and plan some more.
Hopefully with the help of you guys.

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi another UK resident here (Leeds) love Windermere such a beautiful place
Cant imagine it's too good for LFS's though?
Not any so I do a lot of online shopping.
I do spend a lot of time in Scunthorpe so I tend to buy fish and corals from lfs between home and Scunthorpe office

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome from smack dab in the middle of usa
sound like you know what you are doing ,going to love it here

pics required...lol but yes we all love pics
looking forward to the dream tank build!!!

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Jaqueline, from another UK Reefer, North Yorkshire. IMO, R2R is the best of the forums.

I am on the side of the kids, I love the crustaceans and echinoderms, so much less bother than fish and corals :), but just as fascinating.

With regards LFS , you are spoilt for choice in the North West, some of the countries finest just down the M6 from you. Check out the towns of Accrington and Ormskirk for two great LFS . Look forward to following your build.

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the side of the kids, I love the crustaceans and echinoderms, so much less bother than fish and corals :), but just as fascinating.
When I first thought about it a couple of days ago I just thought it would be for the kids but now its cycling I must admit im taking it more seriously and really planning on what to put in it, actually looking forward to it.

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Jaqueline, from another UK Reefer, North Yorkshire. IMO, R2R is the best of the forums.

With regards LFS , you are spoilt for choice in the North West, some of the countries finest just down the M6 from you. Check out the towns of Accrington and Ormskirk for two great LFS . Look forward to following your build.
Sorry to hijack the thread but I am about 45 minutes away from Burscough. I was thinking about taking a trip to see if they have any nice acros.
What's their coral selection like?

Back