Hi from Zurich; Introducing my FM Reef Tank

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one is from exactly now (glas not cleaned...)
20180820_181758.jpeg

If your tank looks like that with "glass not cleaned" i want to throw mine on the window now!! I'm lucky that is too heavy...600kg
And please, if you continue to post this kind of indecent pictures i must block you or i start to have destructive ideas...

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is just a small tank with no system in it
1534784759148.jpeg

Now i understand, you are a kind of beginner....you don't have 7 diffrent reactors, 3 computers a huge skimmer or other different stuff...i believe that this is the reason we don't see any sign of algae....if you need any advice regarding this i can answer your question.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love all those big mature colonies. I could sit and stare at that reef all day. Just beautiful. Got to love the minimal sump under that extremely healthy, thriving reef! Well done and thanks for sharing! :)

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank looks like that with "glass not cleaned" i want to throw mine on the window now!! I'm lucky that is too heavy...600kg
And please, if you continue to post this kind of indecent pictures i must block you or i start to have destructive ideas...

haha please meet me before blocking me ;->

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now i understand, you are a kind of beginner....you don't have 7 diffrent reactors, 3 computers a huge skimmer or other different stuff...i believe that this is the reason we don't see any sign of algae....if you need any advice regarding this i can answer your question.

I already had many controller and computer and technique on that tank. It didn't make anything better or easier, but more complex.
I asked myself what I really wanted: A system, easy to controll, easy to keep, easy to clean, as less technique as possible. The skimmer is probably to small for that tank; but what would be the sign that I should install a bigger one?

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love all those big mature colonies. I could sit and stare at that reef all day. Just beautiful. Got to love the minimal sump under that extremely healthy, thriving reef! Well done and thanks for sharing! :)
... sit and stare is what I do so many evenings in front of it :rolleyes:

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bienvenido a R2R here we are all a Reefing community that all we do is help, admire and collaborate to each other. Amazing tank, and stunning Corals very nice distribution of them with the color. Super clean sand ( how you do it ) keep posting , your tank is anybody’s dream tank including me

swishtony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank! I visit Zurich regularly (I grew up in Adliswil) and often wondered if there were any reefers around there. I Googled marine shops etc but couldn’t really find much so where do you buy your stock from? I might be in Zurich in September so if you have any shop tips please let me know as I’d love to visit a Swiss fish store!

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank! I visit Zurich regularly (I grew up in Adliswil) and often wondered if there were any reefers around there. I Googled marine shops etc but couldn’t really find much so where do you buy your stock from? I might be in Zurich in September so if you have any shop tips please let me know as I’d love to visit a Swiss fish store!
Hi Tony
I buied my stock from every shop that I could find, in Switzerland. There is no saltwater shop in the city of Zurich. I live very close to the airport (-> Glattbrugg).

Here are the shops which are close to Zurich:
coraldreams
nano-riff
seaplanet

When there were deliveries from Fiji or Australia, I used to drive to the shops in other Cities like Bern, St. Gallen or a very good one in the Fürstentum Liechtenstein: Colorals

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back