My new reef tank 2019

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

After the tank crash in december 2018, I started planning my new reef - new glass, stone cleaning / conditioning. It ended yesterday with the aqua scaping project:

Here you can see the final version:
aquascape2019.jpg

Oly

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was that live sand when you put it into the tank ? I am asking because ,, I will be needing to do the same thing soon, I just figured the sand would cloud up the water more than it appears that it did,, awesome ,, can't wait to see where you end up with your tank ,, keep us posted ,, and your right ngoodermuth :) that is a cool rock :)

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was that live sand when you put it into the tank ? I am asking because ,, I will be needing to do the same thing soon, I just figured the sand would cloud up the water more than it appears that it did,, awesome ,, can't wait to see where you end up with your tank ,, keep us posted ,, and your right ngoodermuth :) that is a cool rock :)
No this is aqua medic coral sand 0-1mm. I cleaned it under my shower for about 3,5 hours. It was (as it was everytime when I bought it) extremly dusty. I will always try to keep you up to date with the progress and some pictures of it... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start, i will add to it and say how cool that one rock is. What equipment are you running?

Hi
My equipment is:
Measurements: 180 x 60 x 50 cm (70' x 23' x 19')
Method: FaunaMarin Balling Light
Light: 2 ATI Powermodul 8 Bulbs (4 x blue plus, 4 x coral plus) about 11 hours a day
Salt: FM Professional Sea Salt
Dosing Pump: ATI DP 6
Equipment Pumps: Ecotech MP40, Panta Rhei
Equipment Sump: Vertex Omega 200i, AquaMedic MultiReactors: S (Carbon) / M (Zeo-Light), Aqua Medic Ozone 25, Eheim reeflex UV 800

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
My equipment is:
Measurements: 180 x 60 x 50 cm (70' x 23' x 19')
Method: FaunaMarin Balling Light
Light: 2 ATI Powermodul 8 Bulbs (4 x blue plus, 4 x coral plus) about 11 hours a day
Salt: FM Professional Sea Salt
Dosing Pump: ATI DP 6
Equipment Pumps: Ecotech MP40, Panta Rhei
Equipment Sump: Vertex Omega 200i, AquaMedic MultiReactors: S (Carbon) / M (Zeo-Light), Aqua Medic Ozone 25, Eheim reeflex UV 800
Sounds like a very nice set up.

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers

Last Friday and Saturday I bought a few corals.
2823glue.JPG

I have bought several uncoloured Acropora, which have been for over 3 months at the dealers aquarium, partly brown, without growth and without polyp extension. These "storekeepers" where not noticed by any customers. In the past, I sometimes bought these unfit corals and they became pretty beauties, if properly cared for, bathed etc. To understand in the future, what that coral looked before, I decided to make short videos and pictures. I'll be back in a few weeks or month with a development update:
acro1.jpg

acro2.jpg

acro3.jpg

acro4.jpg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the before and after pictures of your brown acros. I bought a brown Mille lump from the $10 discount bin at my LFS that I’m pretty sure was actually an ORA Rose Mille now that it’s fully colored and growing (they carry ORA corals so wouldn’t be a stretch). It’s really become very pretty, love a good acro-rehab!

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the before and after pictures of your brown acros. I bought a brown Mille lump from the $10 discount bin at my LFS that I’m pretty sure was actually an ORA Rose Mille now that it’s fully colored and growing (they carry ORA corals so wouldn’t be a stretch). It’s really become very pretty, love a good acro-rehab!
love these stories too :)

Gaufl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Oly!

Congratulations on your nice system.
The whole setup looks really clean and organized.

Awesome display.

I didn´t know your old tank crashed.. what happened?

Keep up the good work!

Weiter so!;)

Greetings,
Flo

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back