WOW !!! Beautiful tank and corals.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

After the tank crash in december 2018, I started planning my new reef - new glass, stone cleaning / conditioning. It ended yesterday with the aqua scaping project:

Here you can see the final version:
aquascape2019.jpg

Oly

Great setup. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing, comrade

Craigb350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, do you find the Fauna marin keeps the traces where they need to be or do you have to top them up with extra doses?

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fauna Marin gives me advises in upper or lower the trace element dosings. I/We have to change it after most of the ICP Results. Kalium/Strontium/Zink/Iron is dosed separately, as the needed amount is higher than being able to dose it with the trace elements.

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read that you use zeolites in aqua medic reactor, do you never move them? I understood that for them to work properly you have to move them. I love your aquarium. add some type of bacteria or carbon source for the colonization of zeolite?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read that you use zeolites in aqua medic reactor, do you never move them? I understood that for them to work properly you have to move them. I love your aquarium. add some type of bacteria or carbon source for the colonization of zeolite?
Hi, I moved every day by hand. Now I use the SkimZ Reactor :) I don't use any carbon source or bacteria products.

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and how to get so low and stable nutrients? I always have problems with nitrates and phosphates, do you think zeolite would be a solution?

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and how to get so low and stable nutrients? I always have problems with nitrates and phosphates, do you think zeolite would be a solution?
I don't run very low nutrients as you can see in the ICP results above. My No3 is about 15-20 since weeks. Zeolite is a common way to reduce nutrient levels. A stronger/better skimmer is another way to get there...

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had seen your icp but the no3 were not seen, I have seen that the po4 had them low. I thought you could not get those colors and an extension of polipo so good with some no3 so high. My nitrates are between 10 and 20 but I don't get my acroporas as healthy as yours and such a big growth. I use ati lighting and a skimmer vertex omega 150 for 300 liters, but the quality of my sps is much lower than yours. I also use FM for a year. I currently have algae shelter, I don't know if I change it for a zeolite rector

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back