My new reef tank 2019

Lepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you like to know about it?
Just seing technic organization. How you use UV, Ozone, reactors, filtration, ...
I plan using Ozone on my tank but I don't know if I need Ozone reactor or directly in skimmer

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seing technic organization. How you use UV, Ozone, reactors, filtration, ...
I plan using Ozone on my tank but I don't know if I need Ozone reactor or directly in skimmer
It's impossible to make a picture of that, as it is organised and invisible under the tank. Ozone goes directly in the skimmer. The UV is Eheim Reeflexuv 800, installed behind the dreambox.
if ever there is en entry for Ozone on your skimmer, there is no reason for a separate reactor I think.

Lepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's impossible to make a picture of that, as it is organised and invisible under the tank. Ozone goes directly in the skimmer. The UV is Eheim Reeflexuv 800, installed behind the dreambox.
if ever there is en entry for Ozone on your skimmer, there is no reason for a separate reactor I think.
I wonder about the skimmer plastic compatibility with ozone and perhaps using reactor is safer to treat ozone excess

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your instagram, I can see that you have somehow integrated Kessil A360X's with your ATI powermodule. Are you able to share details of how you achieved this?

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your instagram, I can see that you have somehow integrated Kessil A360X's with your ATI powermodule. Are you able to share details of how you achieved this?
I tried to make it as simple as possible, and tried to get a clean look: no cables visible from the front.
So, I drilled the 4 holes in the plexiglass and fixed the kessils with the silver hanging ring: WATCH THIS
The cables go straight behind and then on top of the ATI Module.
Furthermore, I put some white foil on the inside part of the plexiglas, above the Kessils, to protect from direct light. As temperature around the Kessils would get still to high, the fan you see at the end of the tank blows fresh air while the ATI Bulbs are running.
And that's it :)

20210318_141503.jpg
IMG-20210320-WA0032.jpeg

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much for sharing!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I first saw your tank 3 years ago on swissreefer's YouTube channel and it has been a source of inspiration for me ever since. In my opinion, you have one of the most beautiful tanks in the world!

I especially love the sky blue lighting against a white backdrop. It make your tank look like a shallow reef somewhere very pleasant. You've done a wonderful job!

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much for sharing!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I first saw your tank 3 years ago on swissreefer's YouTube channel and it has been a source of inspiration for me ever since. In my opinion, you have one of the most beautiful tanks in the world!

I especially love the sky blue lighting against a white backdrop. It make your tank look like a shallow reef somewhere very pleasant. You've done a wonderful job!
just wow... thanks a lot for these words:oops:

pop.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I’ve seen you on Swissreefers YouTube and found your new setup on different social media. Your tank is absolutely amazing!!! Such beautiful corals and amazing growth, I’m totally in love!!
Did you always do FM Balling or did you try other systems? Triton? Zeovit? Aquaforest? CalciumReactor? Any thoughts on any of those methods?
I’m just setting up a new tank and just looking for some general feedback on different systems to decide which way to go. Your tank looks amazing and just the way I would flore for my corals to look, you sure must be doing something right. You don’t have pictures of your sump and the way you set it up anywhere, do you? Or do you prefer to keep it private?
Also just a question, you keep your Kh quite low compared to what I have aimed for. According to BRS a higher KH make corals grow faster. Is that wrong?
Thanks for your feedback on my basic question.
Again. Looking totally totally awesome!!

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I’ve seen you on Swissreefers YouTube and found your new setup on different social media.
Hi
Thanks a lot :)
I did all the other systems before changing to FaunaMarin in 2014. It just never was what I was searching for, not the quality, not the colour of the animals, not the health, growth, polyps etc.
I was also looking for a quite simple system, easy to understand, easy to maintain. Making it possible not stay away from the tank for several days, not having to dose hundreds of single bottles on a daily base. And that was the Balling Light. I was also searching for a producer, that shows itself, that he is able to keep and reproduce corals in high quality. And in Europe, that is FaunaMarin. No other named brand does keep healty corals on their own tanks. They mostly just talk about it, know some chemistry theorie, but don't practise it directly. So thats not trustworthy.
No there is nothing to find about the sump. It's a dreambox with a skimmer, Po4 Resin and Carbon, that's it. Nothing to show there...
About Alkalinity, I know the theories and studies of BRSTV on that... and I tried that in the past, never having any of that result, but the opposite! i had much bader polyp extension, much bader colour, and especially acropora tenuis dit not like that high KH at all. When it comes to fast changes in Po4 and your KH ist too high, you will loose A. Tenuis fastly... and furthermore it's just a very unnatural enviorenment having such a high Alkalinity... :)

pop.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Thanks a lot :)
I did all the other systems before changing to FaunaMarin in 2014. It just never was what I was searching for, not the quality, not the colour of the animals, not the health, growth, polyps etc.
I was also looking for a quite simple system, easy to understand, easy to maintain. Making it possible not stay away from the tank for several days, not having to dose hundreds of single bottles on a daily base. And that was the Balling Light. I was also searching for a producer, that shows itself, that he is able to keep and reproduce corals in high quality. And in Europe, that is FaunaMarin. No other named brand does keep healty corals on their own tanks. They mostly just talk about it, know some chemistry theorie, but don't practise it directly. So thats not trustworthy.
No there is nothing to find about the sump. It's a dreambox with a skimmer, Po4 Resin and Carbon, that's it. Nothing to show there...
About Alkalinity, I know the theories and studies of BRSTV on that... and I tried that in the past, never having any of that result, but the opposite! i had much bader polyp extension, much bader colour, and especially acropora tenuis dit not like that high KH at all. When it comes to fast changes in Po4 and your KH ist too high, you will loose A. Tenuis fastly... and furthermore it's just a very unnatural enviorenment having such a high Alkalinity... :)
Thanks a lot, lots of information.
I was leaning towards the Triton method but I am very interested in the FM Balling, you might change my mind there. Where best can I read about it to get it explained?
I have bought corals from Fauna Marin Corals and they are absolutely stunning!! I will definitely get more from them in the future.
Do you use any algae? Refugium or any kind of Algae Filter? If not, you don’t think it does anything for your tank, right?
Regarding KH I always aimed to get it to the same level as the salt I’m using not to get swings when I do a water change. Or don’t you feel that your KH will rise when you do a water change? How often do you do the FM ICP Test? Is it similar in price to Triton ICP? Here in Sweden I think I only ever saw Triton ICP at local stores but I suppose I could order it.
I never really considered Ozone. Do you think it is a very important element in your set up?
Thanks for all your information and the beautiful pictures.

OP
OP
Olys_Tank

Olys_Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot, lots of information.
I was leaning towards the Triton method but I am very interested in the FM Balling, you might change my mind there. Where best can I read about it to get it explained?
I have bought corals from Fauna Marin Corals and they are absolutely stunning!! I will definitely get more from them in the future.
Do you use any algae? Refugium or any kind of Algae Filter? If not, you don’t think it does anything for your tank, right?
Regarding KH I always aimed to get it to the same level as the salt I’m using not to get swings when I do a water change. Or don’t you feel that your KH will rise when you do a water change? How often do you do the FM ICP Test? Is it similar in price to Triton ICP? Here in Sweden I think I only ever saw Triton ICP at local stores but I suppose I could order it.
I never really considered Ozone. Do you think it is a very important element in your set up?
Thanks for all your information and the beautiful pictures.
the best way to get informed about it, is to read the "how to use" manuals on the FM Homepage.
No I don't use algae, as this is not needed in the method. I grow corals with the nutrients, not algae.
I change only 10% water by waterchanges, so there can't be a high swing in KH anyway.
I test my water monthly with ICP.
Ozone keeps my water crystal clear, that supports corals directly as more light power gets through clear water.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Olys_Tank any update on this beautiful tank?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back