Hi, hello, howdy

cngh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just joined a month or so ago and figured I'd make an introduction. Although new to the site, I'm not new to reefing.

Got into the hobby around 12 years ago. Started with a nano, then two nanos, then a 40 breeder, then a 60 cube, and now a 42 gal and a 24 nano at my in-laws that I maintain for them.

Anywho, not sure if the image will show up as I'm doing this on my phone, but my current tank is primarily softies. Leathers, btas, shrooms, gsp, etc. I'm not on top of scraping coralline off the glass, but oh well, lol.

Fish wise I have a clown, bi color blenny, flame hawk, bangaii cardinal, aiptasia file fish (but no more aiptasia) and melanarus wrasse.

My main show piece is a pink pulsing sinularia. It's probably about 12" round in every direction. It was one of the first corals I got, as a freebie when I was just starting 10+ years ago. I've grown a ton of it over the years, lost some good colonies to neglect, but always managed to save a few frags to restart.

Pretty much the only criteria I have for coral is that it be hardy and easy, lol. I

Anyways, glad to be here!

1607028947981177227697664212453.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Upvote 0

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just joined a month or so ago and figured I'd make an introduction. Although new to the site, I'm not new to reefing.

Got into the hobby around 12 years ago. Started with a nano, then two nanos, then a 40 breeder, then a 60 cube, and now a 42 gal and a 24 nano at my in-laws that I maintain for them.

Anywho, not sure if the image will show up as I'm doing this on my phone, but my current tank is primarily softies. Leathers, btas, shrooms, gsp, etc. I'm not on top of scraping coralline off the glass, but oh well, lol.

Fish wise I have a clown, bi color blenny, flame hawk, bangaii cardinal, aiptasia file fish (but no more aiptasia) and melanarus wrasse.

My main show piece is a pink pulsing sinularia. It's probably about 12" round in every direction. It was one of the first corals I got, as a freebie when I was just starting 10+ years ago. I've grown a ton of it over the years, lost some good colonies to neglect, but always managed to save a few frags to restart.

Pretty much the only criteria I have for coral is that it be hardy and easy, lol. I

Welcome to R2R! Those pics are great. I’m sure you will share as much knowledge as you will gain here. Glad to have you.

Upvote 0

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@cngh Btw if you ever want to sell a frag of that sinularia I’m interested! PM me.

Upvote 0

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello and welcome to the channel.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cngh

cngh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm still getting used to all the bells and whistles on this forum...might take me a bit, haha.

I look forward to contributing and, more importantly, learning more about how to take care of my reef. Thanks again and see you all around!

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back