0   0   0
GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do people think of the Red Sea Reefer 425XL versus the 350 Deluxe. I can’t tell from the marine depot site if either comes with a pump or chiller, and if so is which are recommended for these tanks? I have an alcove in my living room that is 47” wide, 80” tall and 30” deep. Do I need anything else before I order and set up with water, sea salt, live rock and sand?
Welcome!

Glad you joined

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
What do people think of the Red Sea Reefer 425XL versus the 350 Deluxe. I can’t tell from the marine depot site if either comes with a pump or chiller, and if so is which are recommended for these tanks? I have an alcove in my living room that is 47” wide, 80” tall and 30” deep. Do I need anything else before I order and set up with water, sea salt, live rock and sand?
Seems like it will be a tight fit man. You definitely want enough room to mess with your wires if applicable in the future, reaching your hand in the back toggling with any accessories as needed. You definitely need clearance on the sides as well. 47" will barely squeeze in the tank i believe on the 425xl

OP
OP
B

BermudaHogfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your first saltwater tank? Do you want more comments on starting up than just the tank?
Yes. This is my first saltwater tank at home, although I work with UC Berkeley’s integrative bio program so have helped set up many freshwater tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back