Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm finally here to discuss an "issue" I've run across with little, to no changes through personal assessment. I have a 90 gallon with a 33 gallon sump. Very heavily SPS populated with some LPS. I've been stuck at 0.00 pO4 and difficulty raising dkh. There has been additional colonies added to the system over a fairly short span. I figured chemistry will take some more frequent attention as they settle in. Ideally I planned 2 to 1 times a day testing of alk and pO4. Over time of monitoring these numbers have the fastest impact on basic health. Coloring is a different story. Lighting, flow, trace, temp, and other stable base parameters ect. I've been researching p04 relations to par and flow. Par is not measured. I know it's decent. 36 x 24 x 24 dimensions with AP9X (4) t5 with (2) blue plus (2) true actinic and a custom built led strip with 470nm- 405nm 3w each x 27 diodes on the front hybrid fixture @50° to the back with 120° lens. Base start is TM pro reef. Currently dosing 120ml TM balling A, 130ml of TM balling B, 120ml of TM balling part C. CaL remain 400 ppm, 6.5-6.2 dkh and mag at 1380 with TM bio-magnesium, 10ml of TM A- and K+, an additional 10-20ml brs sodium bicarbonate x2 a day, (yes dkh is under "ideal" number. Preferably 8.0, at least) just trying to avoid swings and increase slowly. Dosing TM phyton powder and zoo powder, 1 scoop, 2x a day benepets 1/2 teaspoons with 1x 5ml of acropower Amino. Feeding fish 5 frozen cubes. Fish eggs, spiralina brine, (2)brine, mysis mixed with oyster feast and 5ml of acropower. I feel like adding a lot to still register 0.00 pO4 per Hannah HI 713. I've read about carbon locked system per neo phos directions. I know a lot of specific info but hey!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Read thru your post 3x and it sounds like you are doing all the right things with regards to getting your parameters in place, but I don't believe your Hanna reading - get another opinion and perhaps even send off ICP test. Maybe your vials are stained or your reagent is old or... I don't know but I don't believe it... Other than working at gradually getting your alkalinity up, don't change anything else as it seems to be going well based on photo. If your phosphate were at true 0 you'd be reporting slime or something, which is another indicator something is off on testing. You don't talk much about your filtration, but perhaps there is an indicator where your phosphate is going. Let us know once you get it worked out. In the meantime, you are doing a great job!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back