New to R2R - Welcome all

scotty333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I’m Paul from uk but living in Portugal now some 8 years

I set up my 700ltr (sorry I don’t do gallons ) , about 7 years ago and I ran it perfectly until I had some issues and had to go into rehab some 4-5 times 3 months each stay
Anyway, I fell out of love with it , lost all but one coral (cabbage, must be solid as rock! ) oooo that reminds of a song
So, 4 weeks ago I decided I would get it back to its former glory so I began with the infamous rescape
Put the reactors on ( rowaphos and carbon) vacuumed the crap on the DSB , skimmer clean and adjustments + other little tweaks and now I’m happy staring into the abyss
LFS are limited here in Porto so purchases are what’s one place has unless I travel 200miles to the next closest but to be fair he has some beautiful corals.
I had my eye on a copperband he had in his display which he said he’d had 2 weeks and was feeding on brine shrimp and mysis so I bought her along with some Xenia since it wouldn’t mind the disgusting water Params (( po4 .03 , no3 80), obviously the rescape threw out 7 years of crud.
She got bullied into a corner for a few days by my powder blue and refused to eat so after a bit of research I decided to give cockles a try and boy does she like them!
I have to guard the area of the cockle with my algae cleaner to stop my ignorant Picasso trigger for denying the copperband of dinner.
God I’m rambling on , sorry!
So , I’ll get all kinds of feedback now for this but the water that’s in the aquarium is the same water I put in there 7 years ago and I never changed a drop , I’ve kept a reef tank for 25 years and FW for 10 years prior to SW.
I hope you enjoy. reading this and I look forward to your comments and any questions you may have so please fire away
Oh, one last thing, I had a store for 3 years well a garage conversion which was very successful but with the recession at the time my construction company died and I needed an income so I bought set ups on eBay and advertised the stuff on forums.

IMG_2251.jpeg IMG_2252.jpeg IMG_2253.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I’m Paul from uk but living in Portugal now some 8 years

I set up my 700ltr (sorry I don’t do gallons ) , about 7 years ago and I ran it perfectly until I had some issues and had to go into rehab some 4-5 times 3 months each stay
Anyway, I fell out of love with it , lost all but one coral (cabbage, must be solid as rock! ) oooo that reminds of a song
So, 4 weeks ago I decided I would get it back to its former glory so I began with the infamous rescape
Put the reactors on ( rowaphos and carbon) vacuumed the crap on the DSB , skimmer clean and adjustments + other little tweaks and now I’m happy staring into the abyss
LFS are limited here in Porto so purchases are what’s one place has unless I travel 200miles to the next closest but to be fair he has some beautiful corals.
I had my eye on a copperband he had in his display which he said he’d had 2 weeks and was feeding on brine shrimp and mysis so I bought her along with some Xenia since it wouldn’t mind the disgusting water Params (( po4 .03 , no3 80), obviously the rescape threw out 7 years of crud.
She got bullied into a corner for a few days by my powder blue and refused to eat so after a bit of research I decided to give cockles a try and boy does she like them!
I have to guard the area of the cockle with my algae cleaner to stop my ignorant Picasso trigger for denying the copperband of dinner.
God I’m rambling on , sorry!
So , I’ll get all kinds of feedback now for this but the water that’s in the aquarium is the same water I put in there 7 years ago and I never changed a drop , I’ve kept a reef tank for 25 years and FW for 10 years prior to SW.
I hope you enjoy. reading this and I look forward to your comments and any questions you may have so please fire away
Oh, one last thing, I had a store for 3 years well a garage conversion which was very successful but with the recession at the time my construction company died and I needed an income so I bought set ups on eBay and advertised the stuff on forums.

IMG_2251.jpeg IMG_2252.jpeg IMG_2253.jpeg
Welcome!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back