Hi :) Setting up a coldwater rescue tank!

Critters settling in nicely :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3384.jpeg
    IMG_3384.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 32
Hi welcome back to the hobby 😀

We’ve actually got some pretty interesting marine life on our shores as I learned from the RSPB Handbook of the Seashore. You may find it a useful resource. Well worth reading / having as a reference. And useful for tropical marine life as well as the biology and anatomy are similar.

I went down to Birling Gap / Beachy Head but didn’t get a chance to go rock pooling so keen to know how you get on where you go!

I was going to suggest this video / YouTube channel from Marks Aquatics but just saw a comment which may be you? 😉

Here it is anyway:


Please do share the link to your YT channel once it’s set up. Keen to follow along!

Best of luck!

Hi pal I contacted you through YouTube would you like to show your videos on are private group Rock pool reef keepers. Great videos you do . Thanks Mark
 
Hi pal I contacted you through YouTube would you like to show your videos on are private group Rock pool reef keepers. Great videos you do . Thanks Mark
Hi Mark
That's absolutely fine, glad you enjoyed them! More to come
 
Hi Mark
That's absolutely fine, glad you enjoyed them! More to come
Go to your round picture on your page press on it a look down to your left at join groups press on it and scroll down to rock pool reef keepers and join I will let you in and you get a badge as well cheers
 
Hello :) After being out of the Marine scene for about 10 years and all I've had since is a tropical nano tank.
I'm starting a Youtube series with my daughter, in which we rescue Supermarket invertebrates etc from the pan!
I have a fairly small setup cycling at the moment. I've been trying to find suitable small crabs/snails etc to add to help with cleanup, but there's a lot of conflicting information out there. At some point I hope to travel to the south coast (UK) and see what I can find, but until then I could do with buying some.
I've noticed a few members from years back who were doing the same, I was just wondering if any were around to advise on what I could be looking for, and any links.
I'll post updates of the setup :)

Also it's nice to see an actual forum still in operation, I prefer them to social media!

image0.jpeg
Welcome to the forums!
 
Go to your round picture on your page press on it a look down to your left at join groups press on it and scroll down to rock pool reef keepers and join I will let you in and you get a badge as well cheers
Done :)
 
Quick update, his claws seem to be working again. He couldn't use them when he arrived. Also he's definitely feeding, as you can see here!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 45
Quick update, his claws seem to be working again. He couldn't use them when he arrived. Also he's definitely feeding, as you can see here!
Edible crab that will grow big over time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new