Hidden cup coral questions

Brandon103095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just set up a new 40 gal tank, on one of the live rocks I got what I can tell 2 hidden cup corals. My tank is cycling and yesterday the ammonia was between 1 and 2ppm. This morning when I woke up the corals seemed fine, tentacles were out. Will this cycle kill off these corals? Also curious as to how fast will they grow/spread?

0F3C070C-D456-4630-9B97-9E166A60D32E.jpeg

Ellis Syke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just set up a new 40 gal tank, on one of the live rocks I got what I can tell 2 hidden cup corals. My tank is cycling and yesterday the ammonia was between 1 and 2ppm. This morning when I woke up the corals seemed fine, tentacles were out. Will this cycle kill off these corals? Also curious as to how fast will they grow/spread?

0F3C070C-D456-4630-9B97-9E166A60D32E.jpeg
looks like trumpet corals and they should be fine. Corals don't care as much about the cycle as much as fish.

OP
OP
B

Brandon103095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like trumpet corals and they should be fine. Corals don't care as much about the cycle as much as fish.

Thatd be great those look amazing! But after having them a few days i can 100% say they are hidden cup corals haha. Happy with them too though!

These guys are usually all curled up with the lights on but extend out very translucent arms in the dark. I almost think they might be non-photosynthetic.

Yeah i notice they are all out at night, i get to catch a glimpse before turning on my blue lights and they go back into hiding the tentacles haha.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back