Hidden cup coral questions

Brandon103095

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2019
Messages
134
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just set up a new 40 gal tank, on one of the live rocks I got what I can tell 2 hidden cup corals. My tank is cycling and yesterday the ammonia was between 1 and 2ppm. This morning when I woke up the corals seemed fine, tentacles were out. Will this cycle kill off these corals? Also curious as to how fast will they grow/spread?

0F3C070C-D456-4630-9B97-9E166A60D32E.jpeg
 
Hey all, just set up a new 40 gal tank, on one of the live rocks I got what I can tell 2 hidden cup corals. My tank is cycling and yesterday the ammonia was between 1 and 2ppm. This morning when I woke up the corals seemed fine, tentacles were out. Will this cycle kill off these corals? Also curious as to how fast will they grow/spread?

0F3C070C-D456-4630-9B97-9E166A60D32E.jpeg
looks like trumpet corals and they should be fine. Corals don't care as much about the cycle as much as fish.
 
These guys are usually all curled up with the lights on but extend out very translucent arms in the dark. I almost think they might be non-photosynthetic.
 
looks like trumpet corals and they should be fine. Corals don't care as much about the cycle as much as fish.

Thatd be great those look amazing! But after having them a few days i can 100% say they are hidden cup corals haha. Happy with them too though!


These guys are usually all curled up with the lights on but extend out very translucent arms in the dark. I almost think they might be non-photosynthetic.

Yeah i notice they are all out at night, i get to catch a glimpse before turning on my blue lights and they go back into hiding the tentacles haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new