BRS

Angel_V_the_reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello guys. So I’m having a problem here. Yesterday , Sunday (my test days after my WC), I tested my parameters and notice my major elements in weird places. The previous week my Allalinity was beginning to drop after I added a new two head hammer coral, so I knew my alkalinity was out of place. I tested my Parameters after my WC and my elements read : Alk-6.7dkh, cal-575ppm, and Mg-1800ppm. I ordered all for reef a few days ago , before I knew that my other two calcium and magnesium were too high. I’m not sure whether to purchase 2 part, or Red Sea foundation instead . Any ideas as to what to purchase to dose alkalinity?

Zoanthids
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Wish I knew, I have a similar problem.
I just went to my LFS today and bought Red Sea B part alkality (A,B,C for the three trace elements) and dosed, my alk went from 6.7 to 7.2, I’m increasing by .5 dkh a day, the most you would want to do is 1dkh a day, the slower better . I haven’t checked my other elements , I’m going to tomorrow once I water change and will check what me calcium come out to and mag

AS

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don’t even know I only have two hammers and have never dosed anything. I retested 5 times and got the same results
How are you testing salinity? Without dosing they shouldn't be able to reach that level.

OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How are you testing salinity? Without dosing they shouldn't be able to reach that level.
I have a salt refractometer I use from BRS. I double check the salinity every water change. I keep it at 1.025 . That’s what I’m saying I am as clueless as anybody would. I will retest tomorrow and show you guys the results

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a salt refractometer I use from BRS. I double check the salinity every water change. I keep it at 1.025 . That’s what I’m saying I am as clueless as anybody would. I will retest tomorrow and show you guys the results
Do you have calibration fluid for it? I check mine before every use. I have to calibrate it very often.

Avast
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you have calibration fluid for it? I check mine before every use. I have to calibrate it very often.
Yes I do I double check that too. This is why I’m so confused . My test kit isn’t old either, I don’t believe it has an expiration date on it , but I bought it last November

BRS
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
4D228BEC-0578-4A5B-B5F5-A0AA893FD6FB.jpeg
Parameters alk, cal, and mag results today after my water change , been dosing Red Sea alk the past days and slowly getting up to 9dKH

BRS

IS RTN/STN MORE COMMON THAN IT USED TO BE?

• Yes! I (and/or my friends) have experienced it more than it used happen.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • No. I think it's about the same.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • No. It's actually less common than it used to be.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I've never experienced RTN/STN.

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • What's RTN/STN?

Votes: 27 29.0%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!