High end coral 13.5

It’s actually reusable. Once you’re comfortable that ammonia is no longer present just clean, dry n, store. It’s been well over a year since I’ve tested for ammonia. A hanna ammonia tester is something I wouldn’t invest in. $63 for a parameter rarely checked. The ammonia badge is just as good n worlds cheaper.
this? says it can be used for saltwater too

nvm cant post link wont let me
the seachem ammonia badge
 
A capful of MB7 daily for about a week will be beneficial.
 
A capful of MB7 daily for about a week will be beneficial.
came to the conclusion bacteria in a bottle is snake oil i added turbo start 900 and fritz 9 did nothing 1 day after i added rock from my 90 i have algae growing and i think my ammonia has dropped
 
came to the conclusion bacteria in a bottle is snake oil i added turbo start 900 and fritz 9 did nothing 1 day after i added rock from my 90 i have algae growing and i think my ammonia has dropped
I beg to differ. Used MB7 to seed my denitrator. Within a few days it started to bring my nutrients down. Now it’s a nutrient eating machine.

Established rock is always better than bottled bac. Can’t disagree with that.
 
I beg to differ. Used MB7 to seed my denitrator. Within a few days it started to bring my nutrients down. Now it’s a nutrient eating machine.
may try it for my 90 then as phos and nitrates are sky high but i need like 10-15ppm nitrates in my 13.5
 
may try it for my 90 then as phos and nitrates are sky high but i need like 10-15ppm nitrates in my 13.5
I’m at 5-8ppm consistently with just .1ml (like 2 drops lol) of vodka daily. Sept 3 is when I put it into commission. Used MB7 to seed the ceramic bio media in the reactor. 451B0667-9108-49CB-8554-FDD3F50FB4A2.png

Edit: didn’t mention. No water changes since starting and that little spike was because I didn’t dose for a couple/few days.
 
I’m at 5-8ppm consistently with just .1ml (like 2 drops lol) of vodka daily. Sept 3 is when I put it into commission. Used MB7 to seed the ceramic bio media in the reactor. 451B0667-9108-49CB-8554-FDD3F50FB4A2.png

Edit: didn’t mention. No water changes since starting and that little spike was because I didn’t dose for a couple/few days.
i started dosing nopox in 90 not tested but i suspect my nitrates are like 200+
 
i started dosing nopox in 90 not tested but i suspect my nitrates are like 200+
One of these reactors would make your jaw drop. I made it with pvc.
 
i need like 10-15ppm nitrates in my 13.5
No problem. I can easily get to that and once there maintain that ppm. This reactor is really neat when done right.
 
i think ammonia is back up to 1.5ppm but been reading around and 1.5ppm is max it goes even though it says 2ppm so may do a water change as i think cycle is stalled
 
i think ammonia is back up to 1.5ppm but been reading around and 1.5ppm is max it goes even though it says 2ppm so may do a water change as i think cycle is stalled
Have you tried adding any bottled bac?
 
Try adding the MB7 before doin a wc. Sometimes a wc to bring down ammonia is counter productive.
 
on that photo it looks like 0.5 right but if u see it for real it does not match a colour
 
like that the hell is this it don't even match a colour on the chart . . ..

20221120_140606.jpg
If it’s lighter than 0.5 then that says to me it’s lower than that and much closer to 0. I recommend measuring your nitrites now to see if they’re bumped.
 
i have green growing all over the sand and the rocks
This says to me you’ve gotten through that ammonia phase and are now facing the uglies of the cycle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new