High end, rare, underrated or not often seen softies.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SAPPER
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a really interesting Weeping Willow Toadstool. It’s the same shape and growth of your typical green toadstool, but with incredibly long polyps that sway in the water.

a00c37b690276bf5ab51adc5f5e91944.jpg


7d3980012eaf38c4fff883f59055996f.jpg
 
Nice! Where I can purchase this Weeping willow?
I only know of one other person who has a weeping willow like this. She lives in Ohio. I never see them in any of the LFS. I found this at a LFS a few years ago in their frag tank.
 
Nice! Where I can purchase this Weeping willow?

I got mine from Ali’s Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange County, CA. He doesn’t have a site, but if you call or text him, I’m sure he can arrange to ship it. Also Cali Aquariums has these, but not recently. I know they’ll be cutting their big one into fraglings soon.
 
I love my "Corky" Gorgonian that spreads like a carpet. I let it cover a piece of live rock I set out in the middle of the substrate. It has a nice bright purple / pink and sways in the current. My Radial File fish love swimming in it.

IMG_20170929_101109-01.jpeg
 
I actually got a plain yellow weeping one from live aquaria, they called it like long tentacle toadstool in the divers den... it melted on me though a few days after arrival, think it got damaged in shipment. Haven’t seen one since. My other toad is getting big though... always thought it had interesting color.

5AC7C355-A5DB-4F33-88B9-27B22A57E97C.jpeg
 
I got mine from Ali’s Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange County, CA. He doesn’t have a site, but if you call or text him, I’m sure he can arrange to ship it. Also Cali Aquariums has these, but not recently. I know they’ll be cutting their big one into fraglings soon.

Thanks for the info! OC is not far from SD :)
 
If you haven't been to Ali's, you really should do your self a solid and go. He has a ton of Oldschool, rarer, weirder coral.

Ok , I will plan a visit to Ali’s.
I just emailed Cali Aq too for availability.
 
Are dendro's categorized as soft coral?
On that note... anyone with a weeping willing to frag any pieces?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new