High flow Coral ideas

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some suggestions for corals for a high flow area of my tank. I know torches and SPS would be good for this area but are there any others that I could consider to put there?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some suggestions for corals for a high flow area of my tank. I know torches and SPS would be good for this area but are there any others that I could consider to put there?
Carpet nems

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the easy, hardy. fast growing, and inexpensive compared to other corals Green Star Polyps in that area with room, they will love the flow and move gracefully and grow, one of my favorite corals.

OP
OP
jthunderzzz

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the easy, hardy. fast growing, and inexpensive compared to other corals Green Star Polyps in that area with room, they will love the flow and move gracefully and grow, one of my favorite corals.
I actually just tried some GSP there on an isolated rock! they seem to not mind the flow.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green sinularia has an mp40 pushing water directly at it and it loves it. The flow causes it to grow nice thick branches vs long skinny ones. Pretty much all of my leathers like flow.
PXL_20240315_152714017.jpg

OP
OP
jthunderzzz

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green sinularia has an mp40 pushing water directly at it and it loves it. The flow causes it to grow nice thick branches vs long skinny ones. Pretty much all of my leathers like flow.
PXL_20240315_152714017.jpg
I gotta get some leathers then that looks great thank you!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta get some leathers then that looks great thank you!

I love leathers. They are tolerant of higher light for me also. These two I've shown are getting 300+ par and are fine with it . This toadstool has an mp40 directed at it also but a little further away than the sinularia. It does make it change shape but I like it. With less flow the toadstool will flatten out. With leathers the flow also helps out when they shed. Lower flow areas I sometimes have to blow them off with a turkey baster
PXL_20240315_154724979.jpg

OP
OP
jthunderzzz

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love leathers. They are tolerant of higher light for me also. These two I've shown are getting 300+ par and are fine with it . This toadstool has an mp40 directed at it also but a little further away than the sinularia. It does make it change shape but I like it. With less flow the toadstool will flatten out. With leathers the flow also helps out when they shed. Lower flow areas I sometimes have to blow them off with a turkey baster
PXL_20240315_154724979.jpg
Beautiful tank! thanks for the suggestions. I will definatly get some leathers soon!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back