High flow help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blumy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Blumy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2016
Messages
172
Reaction score
285
Location
Riverside, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will do good getting a pretty direct blast from the gyre? First attempt died in a week. Second try started having outer layer stripped off so I moved it. It is a prime location, very visible. Everything else is doing great BTW. Only this spot.
B266FF70-B976-42F2-8265-48F666FDB46C.jpeg
 
Probably nothing. I had a few colonies grow deformed tips because of a gyre. The tips were concave like spoons, so you could tell the flow was too much from the gyre. I removed the gyre.
 
Those pumps have too narrow of a flow pattern to put anything directly in front of them. On wave mode maybe a digitate acro would make it but they are a tough coral to keep from the start.
 
With pumps gyre or whatever, I try to place them a bit higher than all corals so that they blow above the corals to prevent corals getting blasted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new