High light. High flow.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is doing well except ..... I can not keep an encrusting coral at the top of my rock work. I have about 5 branches of tonga sticking up in the center of the tank. The PAR there is around 450. I have bought 3 different encrusting frags and none made it. I acclimated every one and they did well lower in the tank. It was only after I raised them up did they go south. Only one died but the others are hanging on by a thread so I lowered them last night to see if they will recover. I have other SPS that is doing great. Actually everything else is doing really well.

So my question is ... Is there any encrusting SPS that can handle this position in the tank? Looking for suggestions.

OP
OP
RichReef

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some corals that high. I just don't want to add anything that will shadow because of corals below. So really looking for something encrusting.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back