High nitrites!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice pic.

you can tell by the water clarity after three days you're all set here. we needed an additional example of nitrite false concerns for our fifteen page example, nice reef above. I can see the rock might not have been skip cycle, those are frags

but you still did something that was a cycle, or your tank would look like the three day example tank bucket :) plus I know you wouldnt build a whole reef uncycled, nobody does that.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any doubts that within three years I will have assembled in this one thread absolute proof we can cease with nitrite testing in the hobby

thats only page fifteen.

what we do in that thread is specific: we name your start date off any described arrangement you want to make.

the current rules are: cycles vary, nobody completes two cycles on an exacting timeframe (reef convention fallacy) and nitrite stalls cycles.

so, to measure the claims, that thread above is us naming the exact calendar date any reef tank can begin based on a few clues, then they post the proof. we also want all nitrite + starts there to be logged, because they'll always turn out just fine.

based on that thread, Ill offer as updated truth that:

-no cycle has ever stalled, we've just been told that they do.

-nitrite does not matter any longer in reefing

-all cycles follow microbiological rules that allow an exacting start date, for any arrangement you want, dry live or mixed.

we can be doubted on page fifteen, that could be all just luck. but on page 100, get yer notepads out.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also critical:

take time to message literally any aquarist we worked with in private. ask them if not factoring nitrite messed up their early nitrate performance

they'll say no, because for fifteen pages we especially have not discussed nitrate, that's for mature tank param tuning.

we produce reef tanks that can carry any bioload you want, any day you want it to carry (or start a reef convention) simple as that.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nitrites are about .75 to 1 and my tank has been set up for 2 months. Sorry for taking so long
Is ammonia zero (or 0.25 or less)? If so, I wouldn't panic.

That tank looks brand new. I wouldn't completely discount your test kits. Just monitor as long as livestock looks okay.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EBC595CE-1CB4-4D03-972C-0B4338B9C339.jpeg
Your corals and algae look very healthy.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back