High phosphate and low nitrate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan_W06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryan_W06

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My phosphate is reading around .13 and my nitrate is at 0.8 I have been having a hard time getting my phosphate down and nitrate back up a little. I don’t dose anything at all. Any tips would be very helpful!
 
I think most folks will tell you your phosphates are ok. Lots of ways to bring up the nitrate. What have you done so far? I keep it simple & dose NeoNitro, but there are cheaper and likely better methods.
 
Also what are you reading to test nitrate? The hanna low range has an accuracy of +- 2 ppm.

.8 could be 0
 
My phosphate is reading around .13 and my nitrate is at 0.8 I have been having a hard time getting my phosphate down and nitrate back up a little. I don’t dose anything at all. Any tips would be very helpful!
I don’t see a problem with either reading. Lowering Po4 slightly might benefit SPS corals and produce maximum growth and color, however it might not even be noticeable?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new