Higher TDS after replacing filters and resin?

OP
OP
azreefkeeper

azreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you change these out?

[PIC1]
And is this what you bought?

[PIC2]

Hi nukemdanno, yes, presumably that is the RO part that is in this unit (haven't opened it) and you are also correct that this is the maintenance kit to replace the filter media.

nukemdanno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so I'm leaning towards your 75/gal per day filters might need to be replaced. I use MD's version of your equipment and that filter's life span can be 1 to 2 years entirely dependent on the incoming city water. So if you haven't changed those 2 out, I would recommend replacing those. One of my TDS probe is right after that stage and then the 2nd TDS probe is outgoing product after the DI resin

Edit: I forgot to mention that the RO membrane is supposed to have a longer life span that the Carbon/DI Cartridges which is why they are sold separately

Last edited:
OP
OP
azreefkeeper

azreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I pulled the #2 TDS probe and found it to be measuring 1-2 TDS in open. The pins were correctly positioned in the housing as well but the readings would fluctuate, especially if I blew into it. At one point I was able to get the screen to read 0 but only if I blew through it with a strong force. When sitting idle it would creep back up to to 1-2 TDS.

That's enough for me to believe the probe is inaccurate and I'll likely end up replacing the dual TDS meter entirely.

juarec0201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I pulled the #2 TDS probe and found it to be measuring 1-2 TDS in open. The pins were correctly positioned in the housing as well but the readings would fluctuate, especially if I blew into it. At one point I was able to get the screen to read 0 but only if I blew through it with a strong force. When sitting idle it would creep back up to to 1-2 TDS.

That's enough for me to believe the probe is inaccurate and I'll likely end up replacing the dual TDS meter entirely.
I know this is a few years back. Was it the probe meter? I’m having very similar issues.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back