Hinge for Canopy

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, Im loooking for a good hinge or anything to help open and keep then front lip open for my Canopy that was built. It has some weight to it, so I'd like to make sure it is stronger than what is actually need. Thanks for all the help

**Pictures Below**

OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Apexstone 2pcs 100N/22.5LB 15inch Gas Spring/Prop/Strut/Shock/Lift Support with L-type Mounts​

Visit the Apexstone Store

Price:$19.99 & FREE Returns

Save $0.96​

• FORCE:22.5 Lbs/100 N(Per Strut),LENGTH(Center-to-Center):14.96 inch(380 mm),COMPRESSED LENGTH(Center-to-Center):9.06 inch(230 mm).Bracket Holes' Size: 8 mm(diameter),8 mm(diameter),10 mm X 8 mm(Length X Width).WORKING TEMPERATURE: -10 ℃ - 40 ℃/14℉-104℉
  • SET OF 2 IN THE PACKAGE:It could hold open 22.5 lb individually or together for around 45lb on any object such as car lid ,trailer,bed,RV under-bed storage, trap door etc.
  • CAUTIONS: NO INSTRUCTIONS! NO SCREWS! If you are not sure the item is okay for your project , please contact us before placing order
  • HOW TO INSTALL&ADJUST IT:If you want to open the lid at 90-120 degrees, the mounting point is at 120-130 mm(4.72-5.12 inch) to the hinge's direction.If you want to open the lid at more than 120 degrees, the mounting point on the door is at the 75 mm(2.95 inch) to the hinges direction.If you feel the it's too powerful, you can move the mounting point 20 mm(0.79 inch) towards the hinges's direction ,while if you feel it's too weak,you can move it 20 mm(0.79 inch)towards the opposite direction
  • 100% SATISFACTORY WARRANTY: We offer 1 year 100% satisfactory warranty,if unfortunately our gas strut did not work well ,please kindly contact us for exchange, refund or return

1614980419959.png
Thank you but I just ordered some different ones Im going to try out

Upvote 0

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is behind the Aquarium, in the other room? When I had my 90 gallon set up, I had a cabinet over it. Made my Canopy like an upside down drawer. When working on the Aquarium I slid it back, under the cabinet. Also I could, with help, take it completely off. It would be great if you could slide it into another room, if that’s where all your gear is. BTW If you don’t want an opening around the slide you could trim it out with a Garage door side a top seal trim. Comes in White, Black, Green, and two different Browns at Home Depot.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is behind the Aquarium, in the other room? When I had my 90 gallon set up, I had a cabinet over it. Made my Canopy like an upside down drawer. When working on the Aquarium I slid it back, under the cabinet. Also I could, with help, take it completely off. It would be great if you could slide it into another room, if that’s where all your gear is. BTW If you don’t want an opening around the slide you could trim it out with a Garage door side a top seal trim. Comes in White, Black, Green, and two different Browns at Home Depot.
Aint nothing but the end of the house lol

Upvote 0

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WayneBz just checking in to see if you installed those struts. I’m considering doing the same and wondering if you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks in adVance

Upvote 0

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for seeing this thread late my recommendation would have been a continuous heavy duty piano hinge and any one of the gas shocks previously discussed.

Nice looking tank, stand and canopy.

Upvote 0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back