Hippo in QT

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hippo not fairing well QT, got this suggestion from other thread. Anyone have antibiotics that I could buy to start this right away?

His tail isn’t smaller, it’s all but gone :( That would explain why he is having difficulty swimming.

This fish needs immediate antibiotic treatment. I would start with a 90-minute acriflavine bath, followed by the trifecta kanaplex + furan-2 + metroplex in QT for 10-14 days.

I
IMG_20190202_073247588.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hippo not fairing well QT, got this suggestion from other thread. Anyone have antibiotics that I could buy to start this right away?

His tail isn’t smaller, it’s all but gone :( That would explain why he is having difficulty swimming.

This fish needs immediate antibiotic treatment. I would start with a 90-minute acriflavine bath, followed by the trifecta kanaplex + furan-2 + metroplex in QT for 10-14 days.

I
IMG_20190202_073247588.jpg
I can give you the Kanaplex and Metroplex.

Have you done any other treatment on this guy such as Prazipro, copper, or CP?

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was doing great until I introduced my toxic tank water....my other fish must have an immunity. The new sailfin is doing great. Put him in DT after 30 days no issues. Mind if I drop by around noonish?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was doing great until I introduced my toxic tank water....my other fish must have an immunity. The new sailfin is doing great. Put him in DT after 30 days no issues. Mind if I drop by around noonish?
Not a problem! I'm doing tank maintenance today so I should be around. Mixing salt water right now.
After my last batch through QT I realized most of my meds had expired and with no new fish plans right now I haven't replaced them. Wish I had my typical load out on the shelf.

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing Petco is not going to have acriflavine? Any suggestions on where to get?

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have some furan-2 on way. I found API Freshwater fungus cure has 3 mg of acriflavine, is this a good source for the acriflavine? Can't find it anywhere else.

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really want to thank Brew12 for loaning me some meds. Treating what we think is a bacterial infection. Well see...

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't make it thru the night. Thanks for the help, will have to rethink my QT process. This isn't working for me.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't make it thru the night. Thanks for the help, will have to rethink my QT process. This isn't working for me.
I'm sorry he didn't make it. They are such beautiful fish.

Let me know if I can do anything to help as your plans change.

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assessing my needed meds for a future purchase. Got kanaplex+ metroplex from Brew12. Bought furan-2. Next going to get the Ruby reef rally and API general cure. I plan to observe for ich and only treat as needed. With the trifecta above do I also need prazipro? I understand deworming is handled by one of the plexes? Am I covered? Any thoughts on something critical I have missed? I got the QT back up, considering the value of a Mollie test given I am not going to dump my system if something does show up. However I would like to know what if anything I may be fighting.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assessing my needed meds for a future purchase. Got kanaplex+ metroplex from Brew12. Bought furan-2. Next going to get the Ruby reef rally and API general cure. I plan to observe for ich and only treat as needed. With the trifecta above do I also need prazipro? I understand deworming is handled by one of the plexes? Am I covered? Any thoughts on something critical I have missed? I got the QT back up, considering the value of a Mollie test given I am not going to dump my system if something does show up. However I would like to know what if anything I may be fighting.
General Cure is a blend of praziquantel and metroplex so you are covered as far as the Prazipro goes.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back