HIPPO TANG starting to eat GHA!!!!

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone report similar behavior?? For 3 years my hippo tang never touched green hair algae. Since 2 weeks ago she’s been munching on it like a beast. She’s have such an impact on the algae im considering not buying snails.

This is very interesting as most forums report that hippo tangs aren’t a reliable tang when it come to eating GHA.

Could be that at a certain age or size they finally realize there role in the ecosystem?

I’ve included a small video below

Attachments

• 73846021939__BC022B53-9362-4A05-B128-AFF21F24452C.MOV
    772.9 KB

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine wont touch it, neither will my lazy useless lawnmower blenny. its like buying dog that wont fetch or a parrot that wont talk. so dissapointing. lol
I've had 2 lawnmower blennies and have no idea why they are named that :thinking-face:

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Oceanman5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine wont touch it, neither will my lazy useless lawnmower blenny. its like buying dog that wont fetch or a parrot that wont talk. so dissapointing. lol
I think its more of a "monkey see monkey do" - my hippo never ate GHA. Then I got a tomini that ate. Hippo was stubborn. Then I got a flame angel that ate GHA. Hippo was committed. Then I got a starry blenny that TORE UP. Hippo finally gave in lol

Back