Hippo Tang

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a very small hippo tang be ok in a 40 gallon system for a few months until I get the big tank going? I know it will outgrow the tank quickly and do not plan this to be permanent home. Tank mates will be yellow watchman, yellow tail damsel, few percula clown, orchid dotty back, and I think the flasher wrasse is still there but haven't saw him in few weeks (he likes to hide)). Also a pajama cardinal.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That'd be a pretty heavily stocked 40 to add a tang to. I'd just wait a few months and when the big tank is up buy it then.

No point in stressing and possibly killing the fish just to have it a few months early.

Be patient and wait is what I'd do.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is the fish have to be moved in less than a month. I have a 75 gallon I was going to use for my sump. Think I will just set it up and go that route. I hate to not get the fish being as it will be free for the most part. Just have to help catch all the fish. the fish are really healthy and eating well, they are just changing tank location and it is going to be a while before it is set back up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back